Wrongly Wired Central Heating Block.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recently moved and had a rewire including central heating Block Terminal tidy up. This by a qualified electrician.
The boiler is a Potterton PrimaF with one Zone Valve.
Unfortunately the Central Heating will only fire up with the Zone Valve manually locked. It wont operate electrically.
I'm sure the BT is incorrectly wired. He did renew the valve.
The boiler has two3 core cables going into it with a 3core coming out to the pump.
Electrician on holiday for three weeks!
Any help/advice appreciated especially wiring diagram for the Potterton circuit board and general wiring for this type of system.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

Sponsored Links
If yoiu have paid this "qualified electrician" do do work on the heating system then the least you shopuld expect is that its going to work!

Assuming you have paid him then call him back to sort it out properly.

If you havent paid him then thats another matter!

Tony

Unfortunately Agile he's away until Friday 12th December. I was hoping it may be just a cross wire. He has Approved Electrician on his business card.
Thanks for your thoughts though.

Best wishes from,

Gibson8206.

This is a scenario that unfortunately needs someone to be on site to investigate and test.

Although there are many, many excellent sparks out there, for some unknown reason not many of them know, or even want to know about heating system wiring.

This has always been a subject that I cannot ever find or be given an answer about :confused:

Sponsored Links
from experience, a lot of electricians cannot wire up heating controls correctly! they normally follow a wiring diagram but have no idea when complete how to test the system. if it was working ok b4, theres a good chance its been wired up wrong.

Unfortunately Agile he's away until Friday 12th December. I was hoping it may be just a cross wire. He has Approved Electrician on his business card.

Gibson8206.

Anyone can get cards printed with "approved" anything on them!

Is he a member of the NICEIC or any similar organisation? I suspect he may be far from qualified !

There is no legal "approved" electrician as far as I am aware. But anyone could set up an "approved electrician" scheme themselves. Perhaps he did this himself?

Tony

Yeah, I think you are all probably right, though I can't fault the rewire, smoke alarm installation and TV /Telephone points.
Never the less I'm still unable to solve the problem unless I manually over ride the mid positioner valve.
Can anybody help with a diagram of how it should be configered? Don't want to wait 'til mid December!

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back