WT7410 Hotpoint washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My machine wouldnt drain, with the error code F04 flashing.
I have changed the pump as it was burnt but even with a new pump it still wont drain.
Any suggestions would be appriciated

Sponsored Links
any lights flashing ,does it make a humming noise on the drain prog.

No flashing lights, only the error message. Since replacing the pump i have only tested it on a spin cycle, it fills with water fine but when it comes to spin the speed increases slightly but it doesnt drain and just stays on the same spin speed until the end of the programme and then the error message appears.

does water come out of the end of drain pipe check the filter is not blocked as well.

Sponsored Links
does the pump make a noise if water comes out its working or are you saying at the end of wash it says f04

The pump makes no noise, usually i would hear a click and then the pump would start and then water would drain...but now it gets to the drain part of the programme and just stops with all the water still in it and the code appears. i then empty the water out through the drain pipe manually into a bucket.

sounds like the pump took the pcb out quite commom ,can you unplug the connector at the pump and confirm that there is power to it with a meter.if no power to it pcb has been cooked exchange pcb from emw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back