WTF Happend Google?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it me or is Google just busted these days. I loved it once and Iwas and still am quite deep in its ecosystem. That said stuff just doesnt work or get fixed, is outright buggy, or too far behind to catch up. Just off the top of my head:

Google News will only save the last section you hide under personalisation been this way for months now.

Chrome crashes a lot more than it ever did especially around video playback and is very memory hungry, it won't even connet to the internet when my lap top resumes. It loads back extensions that I removed months ago randomly.

Gmail allows you to get rid of that god awful conversation view on the desktop but not in the app even though the option is there to turn it off it still does it.

Its messenging is all messed up with Hangouts, Android Messages, Voice, Google+, Duo, Allo, Gmail and Inbox

Home has the possibility to be amazing yet they are already banging out new hardware when it can't even do some basic stuff that should be easy for it like send email. Alexa meanwhile gaining more and more of a lead.

Android Pay - Slow to roll out

Google Voice - Not over here after years

YouTube to start autoplaying videos

Plus loads more I can't think of just now. I think I am going to start moving away from google stuff to be honest.

Sponsored Links
The joys of a monopoly :)

Still, on the bright side, at least they pay all their tax........

Are you running a Chrome Book by any chace, as some are very buggy, but if it's windows, then remove Chrome, and reinstall it.

Yep, and YouTube creators are now getting royally annoyed at how everything is getting demonetized without clear reasons.
Watching google now is like watching Marks and Spencer in the late 90s. It's peaked, and unless it sees some major overhaul it will go the way of Woolworths. It is fun when giants outgrow themselves!

Sponsored Links
Microsoft/facebook/youtube/google have all become too controlling, and people are going elsewhere. Not enough to notice at the minute, but it's a downward trend.

duckduckgo!! (though it has UK regionalisation it needs to be configured manually, googggg sorts it out automatically)

Nozzle

i use duckduck go
i do not allow them to"share my details"
i use aol for email but have gone through setting to unshare any information for any reason :D

Back