Wykamole DrySeal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,

I live in a brick built 1970's end terrace house. The lower elevation is exposed red brick and the top elevation is smooth render. The house has a clear cavity with vents that were added during cavity wall insulation removal done in the summer of 2018.

In order to help prevent water ingres into the cavity, I have been using Thompson Waterseal on the red bricks. The last time this was applied was just over a year ago.

I've been recommended a product named Dryseal by a company called Wykamole. I plan to buy some of this to apply to the outside of my house (red bricks only) but will this be suitable given I've used Thompson Waterseal before? I wasn't sure if this would have any implications of using it beforehand.

Also, has anyone else used Wykamole Dryseal before and if so, how well do you rate it? Apparently it lasts for up to 25 years and is BBA approved.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What has caused you to claim water is going into the cavity?
Are there damp signs on interior decorated surfaces - or any indications of excessive dampness in the sub-area?

Why did you have CWI removed - was it creating damp difficulties on the interior walls?
Are you saying that your house had no vents/airbricks before the CWI removal or are these extra vents?

If you could post some pics of the exterior walls it might help.

I've no forgotten your original questions but the above might show any answers.

I've no forgotten .
spoken like a scot - will ye no stop asking 20 questions of every poster ? I'm sorry vampyr ,neither I nor tel know the answer to your actual questions. Don't feel you have to provide photos etc for the Donald Trump of Diynot. Perhaps you will get answers from Wykamol direct ? Asking tel is like playing Wack a Mole;)

i’d have used neither product, they’re both crap. bricks are waterproof.
if water gets in the cavity through poor cement beds or perps ,vents in the external brickwork will dry it out.
I suspect the reason for the cwi removal is because it wasn’t meant to be there in the first place. the clue is in the name tel boy. CAVITY.

Sponsored Links
Cavity insulation has been built into many new builds since the 1960's, and was Regulated in the 1990's.
Retro CWI has been Regulated from 2010 -
The clue is in the word cavity before the word insulation.

Cavity insulation has been built into many new builds since the 1960's, and was Regulated in the 1990's.
Retro CWI has been Regulated from 2010 -
The clue is in the word cavity before the word insulation.
built into properties / as per design .fair enough.
regulated? nonsense!
forced ,through government and local authority schemes to meet eu targets.
mostly incorrectly ‘retro’ installed into properties not designed and ill situated for it.
schemes forced onto innocent often ignorant home owners with incentives from companies using untrained salesmen for companies to make huge profits, who have since conveniently gone bankrupt, leaving families suffering ill health in properties with mould and damp issues with 100% humidity readings.
money making excercise.
nothing more .
as a ’professional’ you should know better than to condone or justify it.

1. So you consider the Government Regulations of Cavity Insulation to be non-existent nonsense?
2. Or nonsense because it was Regulated?

Built in cavity insulation was made compulsory in the 1990's.

Retro CWI was last regulated in 2019.

1. So you consider the Government Regulations of Cavity Insulation to be non-existent nonsense?
2. Or nonsense because it was Regulated?

Built in cavity insulation was made compulsory in the 1990's.

Retro CWI was last regulated in 2019.
read the post instead of trying to create a dispute again.
obviously insulated modern properties are preferable to uninsulated cavity or solid walls.
the point I made , as you know full well , is that filling old brick cavity walls with virtually any material is a flawed concept.
If serious informed regulation existed and was adequately enforced on a local authority by local authority level then the vast amount of properties in this country would not have been ‘retro’ insulated with wool cwi.
and pretty soon we’ll see why ewi is an even dumber more flawed concept .

Here you go again - shooting yourself in the foot ranting at my posts #5 and #10 which make no mention of the desirability or consequences of insulation in cavities.
I made no technical or value judgements but you once again saw straw dogs and set off on a rant about Uncle Tom Cobley an all.

I made no testical or valuable judgements but you once again saw straw dogs and set off on a rant about Uncle Tom Cobley an all.
Do you mean the 1971 film or the Chinese ceremonial objects ? Do tell, tel.:ROFLMAO: You're now't but a paper tiger tel.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back