WYLEX 10-Way Insulated High Integrity CU

Sponsored Links
As long as your happy with the standard set MCB's it's fine. You should try building one via the TLC site which has base (MCB + RCBO's are an extra) CU's

If you need to re-config the screwfix fixed set, then your be paying x 2 fro the MCB's you won't use and the ones you will.

Here's an old picture of mine, which has since been modified to sort the few 'minor' issues it had (must do another photo set soon).

Thanks for showing me yours. I'll show you mine soon :D

I only really need 8 ways but would have needed an extra 32A MCB and would have had a few (useless) spares. TLC saves about £15 (Or £35 if I ditch a RCBO for an MCB) and they're not too far from me

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
can you explain how you spilt the CU, have you got two rcbo's in there?

what did you do to the bus bar?

wf electrical are selling the flexible version wylex boards in their selectricals brochue

the 10way board at £51.50 + vat

15way at £55.00 + vat

mcb's 2.08 each + vat

rcbo's 23.10 + vat

so same equip would cost £107.32 inc vat (10way + 9 mcb + 1 rcbo)

you can also buy exactly what you want so messing about

might save you some pounds if you deal with them ?

Just passing on info if it helps anyone

can you explain how you spilt the CU, have you got two rcbo's in there?

what did you do to the bus bar?

If you mean the pictured one, then it's a high integrity Dual RCD consumer unit. This unit has three MCB ways fed direct from the main switch (ie not RCD-protected) These can be used for smoke alarms and the like that are best kept off the RCD.

Then there are two independent RCD's, each supplying their own bank of circuits. If you connect (for example) upstairs lighting & downstairs ring final to one RCD & downstairs lighting & upstairs ring final to the other, this gives (IMO) a loose compliance with regulations.

"High Integrity Dual RCD Consumer Unit" - What will they think of next :rolleyes:

Pens wrote:
"High Integrity Dual RCD Consumer Unit" - What will they think of next icon_rolleyes.gif

Who knows but you can bet it will be soon!

Ordered the Wylex from TLC yesterday afternoon. (Thanks for the WF tip.) Was delivered at 8.15am this morning! They did forget a length of mini trunking though :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back