Wylex consumer unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I got a quote today from a electrician to install a wylex consumer unit that cost £400 & installation cost of £400, is this the going rate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Consumer unit costs can vary, it would depend on how many ways and type of accessories fitted in it
For example, Rcds, Rcbos, Mcbs, Afdd, Surge devices, cost could become 400.
As for install again cost will increase dependant on the number of circuits, therefore i would say 800 could in some cases even be too cheap nowadays.
I fitted wylex a few years back ,though I believe its not so well rated nowadays
A picture of what you have now may give an idea of what is involved, unless you have more details of what is being fitted.
Nowadays its more involved than just fitting a Board with Mcbs.

The Installation would require an EICR or at least be part tested prior to a Board change. How many ways has the board that your electrician is quoting? I'd obtain at least one more quote if not two. Photos of you existing board and any other shots of sockets and light fittings may help.

Sponsored Links
The Installation would require an EICR or at least be part tested prior to a Board change.

and after the job is done the electrician must notify the work to the local authority and provide you with an Electrical Installation Certificate. Make sure that the £800 in CG luxe’s these essential items.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back