MK MCBs in a Wylex consumer unit

Sponsored Links
I think only Wylex technical can give a definite answer on this.

Give them a call.

Sponsored Links
Not recommended - Wylex breakers are widely available, so do the job properly and safely, fitting a Wylex breaker. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

IIRC MK won't fit Wylex as the bus bars are different....
but I stand to be corrected I suppose

Will look pretty shoddy too!

It is not about cost. I am in the middle of an extension/kitchen rebuild and am taking the opportunity to supply electicity to the shed at the bottom of the garden. I have bought all the breakers for the main domestic unit and for a unit that will go in the shed. All MK. However I am having trouble finding a suitgable unit for the garage. MK do an 40A RCD unit with space for two mcbs.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/33248...nits/MK-Sentry-4-Way-RCD-Garage-Consumer-Unit

However, I would like to have space for another two MCB and can only find a Wylex with that capacity.

I dont buy many MCBs, and hate wastage. I would rather ascertain if I can use the MK MCBs in a Wylex unit?

[/url]

No, you can't.

If you need a bigger CU and you want to use MK breakers in it then put a bigger MK one in, FFS.

When you applied for Building Regulations approval, what did you say would be the way you would comply with Part P?

I found they did not fit. Went back to Screwfit and they changed the all to Wylex. All happy.

What was the point of you asking the question if you were going to ignore any answers which were not the one you wanted?

When you applied for Building Regulations approval, what did you say would be the way you would comply with Part P?

Good point. The work is being done as part of an extension. We are nearing completion and have passed all the building regs inspections so far. At no point have they requiremed me to declare any specific details on how we are going to address Part P Regs. That does not mean I am not complying. I am doing everything I can to comply. Engaging a qualified electrician, insisting on testing as we go and insisting that payment will only be made on completion of work and delivery of an appropriate certificate. If have no idea about the details which is why I am engaging a qualified electrician. This situation arose because I was buying the stuff required between 1st and 2nd fix, hence why I did not have electrician over my shoulder when I was buying this stuff and wanted opinions that would help me avoid making a mistake.

Anyway, all mistakes averted (hope I am right in saying all) am not and apologies for not answering your question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back