xp password recovery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i forgot my login password, downloaded on my other pc a program burned it to a disk popped that into pc turned on and it found password. now my daughter has forgotten her password but cant for the life of me find the cd i burned and cant now find where i downloaded it from. i remember it had a picture in the background of a graveyard or on start up any idea of the name of the program guys? or is there a way of checking my disk burning history to find it, cheers
Paul

Sponsored Links
Why not reboot the machine into safe mode (press F8 on start up) . log on as Administrator and remove the password from Control Panel >User Accounts ?

Sponsored Links
I have never used an Admin function and have never had any Admin password with any new machine or loaded Windows.

Is there a usual default password?

If not then how does anyone manage?

Tony

I have never used an Admin function and have never had any Admin password with any new machine or loaded Windows.

Is there a usual default password?

If not then how does anyone manage?

Tony

Get out more.

Why not reboot the machine into safe mode (press F8 on start up) . log on as Administrator and remove the password from Control Panel >User Accounts ?

It is often the case that the admin acc has no password unless it has been specifically set

Why did I get a thumbs down for that?! Simply log in as admin, as you can clearly do, access control panel, as admin, as there is no password set, as I suggested, and you indicated, reset passwords for your kids, as normal. Straightforward. Did I upset you with my description of what to do?

You ask for info, and when given the info, you are upset by it? What do you want? If I came over and typed the keys for you? You would be happy? How hard is it to please anybody nowadays? I gave the correct info, but got a minus rating. Cheers. Can you explain your negative response in the thread?

hi micky- how do you know that you got a thumbs down??

tnx

Because it appears next to your post time. - or +, why are you asking me?

Would you like me to give you a plus or minus, as it seems that there are clusters of people with similar IP addresses on here that seem to reward themselves +'es and thanks, on every post they make.

I give you a plus.

thanks micky- i dont deserve it but I when i look at the thumbs up/down they are the same shade of white (w7 64 bit ie8). can you see something diferent?

I have just seen your post in general regarding multiple accounts. If one were using a proxy how could you tell? I do have a openvpn which i use to access HULU.com but have never used here. that said I have probably used numerous ip addresses, my home ip, t-mobile and which ever pub I am in. I do only have one user account though.

Thanks again

_____________edit-----

i see what you mean now- I do run a smf forum but it is quite different

it seems that there are clusters of people with similar IP addresses on here

And how would you know that, and what significance does similarity have?

I dont know how he knows it but I have first hand experience running a small forum where I see spammers using proxies that share the first couple of octets

it seems that there are clusters of people with similar IP addresses on here

And how would you know that, and what significance does similarity have?

I dont know how he knows it but I have first hand experience running a small forum where I see spammers using proxies that share the first couple of octets

Wow, so similar. There are only 65,536 addresses in a /16.

agreed i meant to say the first 3 rather than two.

if i see 20 accounts that opened on the same day sharing the same 3 that all resolve to the same provider in, for eg china then I summarily delete all 20 accounts- they have the option to question it but never do.

Having just spent the last hour or so in the general section i admit that it seems odd that a particular member has been thanking the same posters yet has not made any posts themselves.

I don't have access to the ip addresses here though

Sponsored Links
Back