Y Plan Central Heating or not Y Plan??

John_D said:
I find the crowbars in the porridge too crunchy
And I find it weird that you regard electrical continuity as a situation in which one thing "sends" something to another thing. :eek:

Sponsored Links
ricicle said:
Laymen's terms Softus, maybe?
Oh yeah sure fing granted fair play mate der fing sends a fing down a fing to a fing and der fing turn on like innit know wot I mean you slaaaaaaaag.

Softus said:
ricicle said:
Laymen's terms Softus, maybe?
Oh yeah sure fing granted fair play mate der fing sends a fing down a fing to a fing and der fing turn on like innit know wot I mean you slaaaaaaaag.

Are you auditioning for Eastenders?............................. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sound replies from a good knowledge base here, for sure. I have a better understanding of what I am looking for, many thanks!
What does amaze me though, is the "itching for an argument/fight" type characters in the forums, who only hinder an excellent source of information!
Maybe got personal problems??

Mike2007 said:
<paraphrased> I'm amazed
If the value of the site is in accurate information, then what value is there in misinformation, and why do you assume that someone who highlights errors has a personal problem?

Perhaps your only experience of errors has been ad hominem? :shrug:

okay so do you prefer to talk in terms of electrons moving from outer atomic rings and the number of free electrons defining the resistance and how they migrate through copper wires? The trigger to action is the signal received in this case line voltage of 230v +10% -6% :confused:

John_D said:
okay so do you prefer to talk in terms of electrons moving from outer atomic rings and the number of free electrons defining the resistance and how they migrate through copper wires?
If you wish, although I'd have to scrape the rust of my recollection of lectures on electron drift in impure conductors.

The trigger to action is the signal received in this case line voltage of 230v +10% -6%
Since when was voltage considered to be a "signal"? And if it were, then wouldn't an AC voltage be considered to be a fluctuating signal? :LOL:

And if you connected a toaster to the room stat, would it mistakenly interpret the "signal" to mean "please make some toast".
24.gif

Softus wrote

Since when was voltage considered to be a "signal"?

0-10V dc Transducers commonly used in control applications require both a power supply and a signal output, needing a three or four wire connection.

I would interpret that as voltage being considered as a signal though
Softus being the expert that he is will obviously disagree.

Back to the OPs problem.

Mike2007 wrote

Could my HW and CH just be switching on the two stats

I am not sure , you may have posted this information already but is their a thermostat fitted to your HW cylinder ??.

Hi Balenza,
Sure two stats, one on wall in hallway and the other in attic room cupboard on the copper open vented cylinder.
Conventionally, one would think two signals (for want of a more complicated word!) working on one three-port valve or 2 two port valves as an S plan?
But as I was saying, no sign of any valves so far. I am assuming also that one or both are placed in an inaccessible place under the flooring. :confused:
But also, it may be a totally valve-less set-up??

gas4you said:
Yes, but you would get no seperation between heating and hot water times as the pump would just do both together unless you have gravity primaries and pumped rads.

Despite pinching myself, I still think I'm dreaming, because you seem not to have conducted the abundantly clear set of test steps that DP laid out for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back