y plan mystery no hw off wire

firstly there is no brown on say a honeywell 3 port vlv, vlv doesn't motor at all for htw as it rests in this position. so cylinder stat on wire goes straight onto orange firing blr & pump

White heating on
orange power to blr
blue neutral
green yellow earth
grey htw off

Sponsored Links
There are basically 2 types of three-port valves, diverter valves, which give you either hot water or central heating, and mid position valves, which you can have hot water or central heating individually but will also allow both to be on together.
If, when using a mid-position valve, there is no HW off from the programmer, you can have the heating on by itself only when the cyl stat is satisfied.

well thanks for that mick, learn something new everyday!:cool: I didn't know there was to diffrent type of vlvs ha ha
The "ha ha" at the end of your post sounds like a sarcasm, but your previous posts suggest you never new and, in fact, did learn something today.

Sponsored Links
set cylinder stat to 60 degrees & then set blr stat to 55 degrees, htw will never reach temperature thus not turning heating off!!!! :eek:

again incorrect!

Would love to no your theory as to how water can get hotter than the set point you have set!?

only you would think that, the highlighted part is what i disagree with !

suggest you read these:

http://octaveblue.co.uk/c_heating/index.htm

they may help you understand how the things work.

look at 4th down that will show you how you do not need a hot water off.
Y diverter valves come with 3,5 or 6 wire as well dependant on the make and type.

I understand that mate, if you wire the grey into htw satisfied tho
your htw times will have to be set the same as heating, bit silly tho:cool:

thanks pal

John Ward has done a couple of useful videos on Y plan wiring and how the 3 port valve actually works:
and

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back