Y plan Wiring problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dont have much experience with y plans. Anybody able to help.
Problem is i cant get the heating to fire up ie boiler and pump on the heating part. The hw is working fine. In the junction box there is power getting to the call wire for the valve and the room stat but obviously no power to boiler and pump if i link them to the call. this means the hw and ch are both linked together.

Any help would be great.

Thanks nigel

Sponsored Links
Do a google search for honeywell y plan and you shall find.

Alternatively, re-post this on plumbing forum.

Check the valve is wired correctly. Off the top of my head orange is hw/boiler on (inc. pump) White is ch on and grey is hw off. If you have 230v on the white from the programmer (via stat if fitted) and the valve doesn't move then i would suspect it.

Sponsored Links
as said if you have no power on the orange when heating on the motors more likely failed.
is the lever on the end floppy or has resistance when heating calling only.

hw call has nothing to do with the valve so will work if valve faulty.

I think i have it. Is it possible the micro switch has blown in the valve as this would explain no pump or boiler on the ch calling. I did have to replace the programmer as my mate whos a plumber let a live wire touch an earth wire and blew the programmer.

the m/switch can be faulty remove the lid and check its being activated or activate it with a screwdriver.

I have had micro switches blow and seem to remember not quite as plan shows when you open them and look inside. I got my daughters to work by latching the lever into bleed position until I could fit replacement.

I got my daughters to work by latching the lever into bleed position until I could fit replacement.

interesting faulty m/switch but you got it to work by latching the lever over.

so how did you get the boiler/pump to kick in with a faulty m/switch ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back