Yale 6200 alarm - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - have just moved in to a new property that has this alarm. I have the PIN number but the siren is not responding to anything I do with the remote keypad. I can't do anything to get it to beep.

I tried removing the cover off the siren to change the batteries but the anti tamper tripped and the alarm went off - not a great way to endear us to the new neighbours. The keypad wouldn't turn off the alarm either.

What can I do?!

Sponsored Links
Take the batteries out of the siren box, and lift it off the wall. You can work on it on the kitchen table much more easily than on the wall.

Bring the keypad into the same room where you are going to work. Have some cushions to muffle the siren.

Have you got the instruction book? Sometimes you can download it from Yale's website.
http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/ProductsDB/?groupId=4326&productId=59211

click "downloads"
http://mpc.assaabloy.com/yalefile//Fetchfile.aspx?id=8083&dl=1

If not, p.m. me your email address.

The instructions tell you how to reset the pad and change the pin.

You can reset the siren and learn-in the sensors and keypads.

Once you have reset it and cleared the memory, you just follow the Installation instructions.

Satisfy yourself that it is working properly before you put it back on the wall. There is usually a "keyhole" shaped screwhole on the backplate so you can hang the siren in position while you do up the other screws. You may find you can fix it in a place where you can bring it inside through an upstairs window when you need to change the batteries, and it is visible from the street, but cannot easily be reached by an intruder.

John, that's brilliant, many thanks.

One more question - when I removed the screw to take the lid off the siren box the alarm sounded so do I just accept that that's going to happen and get it off the wall and remove the batteries as soon as I can to stop the noise (muffling with cushions in the meantime)? Or is there a way I can avoid the alarm going off?

Sponsored Links
When you have learned in your keypad, you can disable Tamper temporarily, e.g. for battery changes.

P.s. try the green button plus the default PIN as well as the PIN you were told.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back