Yale 6400 cannot get Siren to "Learn" on system

It sounds like it was never actually programmed in the first time either.
when you did the first install did the siren beep while it was learning in?
Part of the procedure requests a y/n response to hear beeps...

You mention not hearing beeps when you set the alarm with the keyfob frm outside.

When the siren is set to confirm on it does not beep until the alarm actually sets. So if you shut your door and then use the keyfob it will not beep immediately. The system will beep when the exit timer has counted down.

The test you mention - setting off the alarm to test wether the siren activates. Did you do this test after you installed the alarm.
I ALWAYS do an activation test when an system is installed to ensure the alarm panel sounds - the siren sounds and the autodialler rings out.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have just installed a yale alarm and had very similar problems except mine started right at the beginning.
I made the mistake of following the instructions to the letter and wasted hours trying to get it working.
I then found the simple Quick installation guide as a PDF online which was TOTALLY different from their manual !!!
followed this and it was installed in minutes.

I hope this helps you.

Mike

In case anyone stumbles upon this thread in 2023+ The same issue is still occurring, where the Yale manual is wrong and so is the revised manual on their site. My model is a 6610, but the 6200 model page on the Yale site worked to 'learn' in my Siren.
Basically you press learn on the hub until it flashes and and press learn on the Siren. THEN you press learn again on the hub for 1 second and press learn on Siren for one second. Siren beeped straight after pressing learn on hub for the second time.

To pair the siren to the hub please follow the steps below:

• Press and hold the learn button on the hub until the LED flashes.
  • Make sure dip switches 1 2 3 and 4 on siren are on OFF position , then turn the power switch ON and press the learn button for 1 second.
  • Go back to the hub and press the learn button for 1 second.
  • Go to the siren and press the learn button for 1 second.
  • Press and hold the learn button on the hub until the LED stops flashing.
To test it , you will have to fully arm the system and wait for the countdown to finish. Then trigger the alarm with any door contact set to entry.

Sponsored Links
In case anyone stumbles upon this thread in 2023+
Note that your reply is not for an HSA6400, so is irrelevant to this thread.

The HSA6400 does not have a hub.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back