Yale 6400 series

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I purchased an extra ir sensor for my lounge, all added into system no prob, however when I do a walk test every so often which I like to do just to confirm everything is working, when I walk around room or even wave my arms like a looney in front of it nothing happens, all other sensors and door sensors register on walk test fine, when I go into menu and press add sensor then press button on it, it tels me it's all ready added, the only way I can get it to beep on walk test is to delete it from system, then install as new again then it beeps on walk test, this leaves me wondering if it's actually working when I come out of menu.

Sponsored Links
possibly mounted to high try angling the sensor down slightly.

Or is it sited where there is a good signal? does the panel respond when you press the learn button while in walk mode?

take it off the wall and try it out in different places, no need to screw it in positon, you can put it on a table or shelf. Try positioning it near the panel in case its transmission is weak, and out of sunlight. Change the batteries (not duracell) and inspect the anti-tamper location, tape it while tinkering.

give it a few minutes so you know it is not in sleep mode.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys for all your suggestions, just found out problem, well actually it was me
When I set walk test the control panel is in the same room as the new PIR, so as I walked out of room to test front door and window sensors, then into room with PIR in, I obvoiously forgot about the 1 min sleep shutdown, and didn't allow enough time from walking out of sensor range to test other sensors then walking back into room, I gave it a good 1 min before walking back into room and presto it worked. (silly me) although my wife did call me something unprintable.

Here's a tip.
If that sensor is going to detect you arming the panel everytime then hypothetically that sensor could still be in sleep mode for a minute after you have set the alarm. So if you leave your house at your alarm wont be protecting for a minute in that room.

You can bring sensors out of sleep mode by pressing the learn button on them.

So just press the learn button on that sensor as you leave the house and it will be active straight away.

Here's a tip.
If that sensor is going to detect you arming the panel everytime then hypothetically that sensor could still be in sleep mode for a minute after you have set the alarm. So if you leave your house at your alarm wont be protecting for a minute in that room.

You can bring sensors out of sleep mode by pressing the learn button on them.

So just press the learn button on that sensor as you leave the house and it will be active straight away.

Well problem solved now, and one minute isnt going to make much difference.

you don't get that problem with a hardwired system ..........!!!!!!!!
Maybe so, but then I couldn't protect my caravan on drive or outside shed could I.
It's swings and roundabouts, I've had hardwired in a previous house, but decided on wirefree this time, it's so much more versatile and relatively easy to add or takeaway sensors,

Maybe so, but then I couldn't protect my caravan on drive or outside shed could I.
Of course you can, just takes a little thought that's all, done it many, many times, much better than any 'local' alarm.
The cable connection gives a level of security in its self.

Of course you can, just takes a little thought that's all, done it many, many times, much better than any 'local' alarm.
The cable connection gives a level of security in its self.

Warning! Warning!

The anti-Yale Trolls have laid siege to this thread!

(as they love to do)

Warning! Warning!

The anti-Yale Trolls have laid siege to this thread!

(as they love to do)
I ask one simple question, and get advice and help 99% of the time (which I thought this forum was for) and out crawl the trolls, I see the wind up merchant has appeared, can't this forum have an anti troll button

I think there is an element of jealousy here, some people have paid hundreds for a wired system and can now see how versatile and cost effective wireless systems can be, wake up!!!!!! It's called tecnology, and it moves on very fast,

Please don't get me wrong I am not knocking hard wired systems, I had one in a previous home, but when I can see something that is just as good easier to install and use, well need I say more,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back