Yale additional siren (HSA6400 + HSA3050)

Sponsored Links
Wireless bells are learned on don’t know compatibility maybe contact Yale support, JohnD seems to be the most familiar with Yale

I can't remember but I think it can.

the 6000 system can use 3000 components, but you need to have both the 3000 instruction book and the 6000 instruction book, and use them both to learn in components, because each has the instructions for its own range. you have to set the switches in the siren be be a "slave" and to learn in. at the same time you use the 6000 instructions to command the controller. IIRC I once used a 3000 range controller on a 6000 range installlation, but usually the other way round because the 6400 is so good. I have no call to do yales any more.

it is I think best to do the learning in with everything laid out on the table in front of you (and the siren wrapped in a blanket to muffle it) rather than do it after they have all been fixed into place.

btw if you are using a control panel, you can learn in multiple sirens if you want. e.g. one indoor and one outdoor, or one at the front of the house and one at the back.

in my current house I have a downstairs sound bomb and an upstairs one to wake me due to size of house and sound-blocking fireproof doors.

(not a yale)

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply's - Especially, JohnD - you seem to have it all sussed out! - Yes, I want to use this surplus 3050, as an additional siren, with a 6400. I have both sets of instructions, so I'll reply in a day or two, how I got on (& the method used, to assist others) - good tip about wrapping in a blanket, in case I get it wrong!
I have already, used 3000 motion sensors, with the 6400 successfully. This is all part of a hsa3400 kit, I purchased off Ebay, recently.
The two systems, use very similar technology (& RF frequencies) it seems.
I have already installed one 6400 system in a friend's property, (following a break in of course!) They have an adjacent property, which I'm about to install a second 6400 system (sensors too distant & numerous, for reliable connection to the first system) I did a temporary hook-up, & there does not seem to be any interaction between the two systems.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks John - managed it OK
On 6400 controller - enter setup menu, & turn off siren tampers, I think then it was learn in siren,

On 3050 siren:
As follows - Jumpers:
On the siren, J5 off, stand alone.
J3 off & J4 off - that gives a 1 second siren for test purposes.
Install siren batteries, J6 off, to clear siren memory, then on.
J1 off - to learn in siren, OK on 6400 controller (Learn in) Then J1 to on.
J2 to off, it tells you via the wig-wag LEDs if there HAS been an alarm.
Put screw back in Siren case.
Now you wrap siren in John's blanket :) - not forgetting a DVD case or something under the tamper button.
Now it can be tested, a bit of tape over the controller speaker - for your ears! Put into full alarm & activate a sensor - it should go off & a brief sound from the Siren.
Finally, change J3 to on & leave J4 off - to give a 10 minute Siren on period - (Or J3 off & J4 on = 5mins or J3 on & J4 on = 3 mins.
So I ended up with J1 on, J2 off, J3 on, J4 off, J5 off, J6 on, J7 on (Which means jamming off) I might try it on, if no problems.
I can see why Yale moved on from the jumpers - Fiddle f@rt things !
35 Deg in Suffolk now, so time for a lollipop & a siesta :mad: It went up to 38.1 deg, later.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back