yale alarm (home arm)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i have just had a yale alarm fitted, if I set it to 'home arm' does this mean I can walk freely around my home without setting senors off but the door sensor are intact and will be triggered if opened, I find the instructions lingo confusing:confused:

Sponsored Links
thanks, a friend of mine fitted the alarm so has already set the zones for each senor/pir... I went out the front door and came back hour later to trigger the alarm instantly ... so I take it I have to go back into the zone settings to correct this?

the front door should be set as "entry" meaning if you open it, it will start a countdown (for example 30 seconds) during which time you can go to the panel and enter your code.

It sounds like the door may have been set as "away" meaning someone opening it triggers the alarm. That's how you'd want a window, or the back door, to be set.

You need to tell us which model of alarm it is.

Sponsored Links
thank you, its a yale premium alarm HSA 6400, It seems it was set to burglar.... I have now changed it now and now get 20 when front door opens to turn off so all good.. (y):D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back