Yale alarm questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bernard.
As you can probably tell my patience even with you is wearing thin.
I admire you as an expert and would never disagree with anything you say.

However it is getting tiresome when every thread on these DIY forums gets hijacked so you can ask questions relating to the efficiacy of the Yale alarms.

In precise terms anyalarm not just a yale alarm can be defeated even wired ones.

Thats why systems are graded. You could go on every thread where someone has a grade 2 professional alarm installed and tell them that grade 3 would be better or grade 4 or what the hell forget about the alarm just build a big wall employ guards with machine guns and keep out the scum who are after your iphone!!

People out there asses their pockets and their needs and their lifestyles and even their decor before they think about what to spend.
Lets be honest if you are in a row of three homes and you have a yale alarm and the houses either side haven't who is going to get burgled first?

Now if you want to start your own thread where you want to discuss why the Queen of England wouldn't want a Yale alarm to protect the crown jewels then be my guest.

You are not welcome sprouting the same irrelevant rubbish on my threads any more.

I cannot answer your specific technical quastions at times no more than the mechanic at your local garage could tell you what the 200th line of code is on your cars ecu.

What I can tell you is how these systems work in practice and what if any problems they have in operation.

Sadly for you i can only report that out of the hundreds of installations I have done for people noone has reported a system failing to activate when it should have done.

Sponsored Links
yaleguy3 just out of interest... out of all the yale alarms you have fitted, how many homes have there been an attempted burglary after the alarm has been fitted and of those how many actually managed to burgle the house ?

Thanks

Sorry for the double post but I have yet another question.

My bathroom window is easily accessible due to the flat roof, is there a way to make the window contact waterproof or buy a waterproof window contact?

Thanks

You are not welcome sprouting the same irrelevant rubbish on my threads any more.

Like you do on systems we talk about?
How are you going to enforce this new law of yours?

BTW thanks for admitting your "technical knowledge" is lacking. We dont even use the same frequency on the now being phazed out systems as Yale does. Something you have said in the past.

Oh do you carry "efficiacy " insurance as you mention the word?
As we are REQUIRED TO DO being "Aproved".

Now as we are on it what is system grading? Do you know or understand the resoning behind it?

We have grades 1-4 and even a 5 . Yale is a 1, is it not. Not worth, sorry not regonised by insurance companies as an effective system. I`ll let you work out the higher grades. We can fit G1, just use unapproved kit, but we never would. If only 1 item in a G3 system is ungraded the whole system is. Just for your information.

To Chunky, a few that I know of, and Responce ones especially the earlier with dipswitch sselectors. In higher graded it happens as the "risk" is greater. This is when shoutguns and knives are stuck into peoples faces and told if they press a panic button they are dead. this is where different aspects of "security" come into the equation, which we deal with as well.

Not just a single wireless panel.

Sponsored Links
OK just to mention where I live shotguns and knives etc are not present within society and the whole purpose of this alarm is to deter thieves and act as a panic alarm as soon as the keyfob arrives. THAT'S IT!

Regarding insurance, it really doesn't matter to me because of two reasons:

1) Even if I have a fully featured £20 a month alarm if I forget to activate it etc then the insurance company won't pay out

2) Where I live the contents insurance is around £25 extra

As you can see I just want to secure my house and I am perfectly happy with the Yale system

Now please go to the thread and please post everything unrelated to this thread there:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=279090

And just to reiterate my earlier questions:

1) My bathroom window is easily accessible due to the flat roof, is there a way to make the window contact waterproof or buy a waterproof window contact?

2) Yaleguy3 just out of interest... out of all the yale alarms you have fitted, how many homes have there been an attempted burglary after the alarm has been fitted and of those how many actually managed to burgle the house ?

Thank you

I like the 'my thread' comment.

and here's me thinking it was another member posted this thread.
Opens up a conspiracy theory if nothing else.

PMSL

PART 2, section 1. No not really. It will get wet, rot inside. They all do eventually.
PART 2, Section 2. Yes loads, why we used to replace them.

Why would a fully featured system cost anything a month. Unless you mean one with Police responce.
Your showing a lack of understanding here I believe.

Now with a flat roof can you fit better locks?
A grille over the window outside or inside ( but will rust eventually, so outside is better. Anti-Climb paint?
Have you done a full assesment of all your physical security yet?

Awaits the usual reply from Y3.

Look all I wanted to bloody ask is if there were any waterproof window contacts, can you just please refrain from commenting on this thread from now onwards?

yaleguy3 just out of interest... out of all the yale alarms you have fitted, how many homes have there been an attempted burglary after the alarm has been fitted and of those how many actually managed to burgle the house ?

Thanks

Hi there.
I have fitted hundreds of these alarms and many of those were to homes that had been burgled because the owners did not have an alarm.

I have had only two reports of an actual break in of a home I have fitted an alarm on both occasions the alarms worked as specified and scared off the intruders empty handed.

I have had no reports of any homes that had previously been burgled getting burgled again since having the alarm installed and they have been put up in every social demographic area from the best to the worst.

One property I alarmed was 'broken into' by contractors to do work and the alarm as designed activated and kept going every time the tradesmen entered the home.

I just told you. Not in Yale.
In wired you could with some good GRADED kit :D
Assuming you understand Part P and bathroom zones too, and I dont mean alarm system zones

:evil: :evil: :evil:

1) My bathroom window is easily accessible due to the flat roof, is there a way to make the window contact waterproof or buy a waterproof window contact?

2) Yaleguy3 just out of interest... out of all the yale alarms you have fitted, how many homes have there been an attempted burglary after the alarm has been

Thank you

Do you mean to protect the bathrooom window contact from steam in the room or splashing from the shower?

I have fitted sensors in bathrooms without any problem. My major concern is to make sure the wireless transmitter is on the frame of the window and the magnet is on the moving casement.
That is so the magnet is the only thing that will get soaked if you open the window on a rainy day.

I have had no reports of any of the transmitters I have placed in bathrooms failing.

I certainly would not want to put one in the direct flow of a showere but bathroom steam has never caused any problems.

It is in effect a solid state radio device just like a portable transistor radio running off batteries and I am sure one of those would work fine in a bathroom too.
The steam is only periodic not permanent.

Another option rather than a window contact on the bathroom window would be a pir on the landing covering anyone coming through the bathroom.

I just told you. Not in Yale.
In wired you could with some good GRADED kit :D
Assuming you understand Part P and bathroom zones too, and I dont mean alarm system zones

:evil: :evil: :evil:

He doesn't need to know protected zones for part P we are talking about battery operated window contacts here not a mains powered bloody control panel.
Why try to belittle the original poster by trying to make him look ignorant.

You take arrogance trolling and talking out of your ass to make yourself look big to a whole new level.

I said Yale and no one else make a waterproof detector.
A wired one with sealed connectors fitted correctly on the other hand could.
Hence Part P becoming a consideration.

Your total lack of technical knowledge is showing again. Hence the insults. You clearly have no knowledge of all options availabe.

In fact if you were a bit clever you could adapt the Yale contact with a slight modifiaction and the use of a IP rated box.

See, even doing your work for you. Got another insult for me now?
I`ll even work out the correct item if you want, then you can call Yale on Monday with your great idea!!

Why would anyone want an ugly plastic box on their windowframe?
The Yale ones I have installed have worked fine in bathrooms for over 3 years. If they konk out after four years then fine just go out and buy a new one for twenty quid and get another 4 years use.
hardly a bind as it would be a five minute swap over task retaining the existing magnet and bracket and just swapping the cover over.

Why don't you and Bernard get your heads together and design the uber alarm where every possibility is taken care of and you could bet your mothers life on it stopping any intruder.

Oh hang on a minute here is a couple of flaws.
1. An alarm no matter how fancy doesn't actually stop someone determined from breaking in , it just makes a noise if they do.
Oh and the Police aren't guaranteed to attend - you know it's illegal to make such a claim don't you.
2. Your uber system which you and Bernard would be very satisfied that it would scare a few birds out of the branches would cost the comparative earth. The thousands spent for the ultimate alarm would be dissproportionate to the risk involved.

It is in effect a solid state radio device just like a portable transistor radio running off batteries and I am sure one of those would work fine in a bathroom too.
I assume you have heard of tropicalisation of printed circuit boards to enable them to survive in humid environments. Do you know if the units you are recommending for the bath room have tropicalised PCBs

The steam is only periodic not permanent.
But the resultant condensation remains on the electonics.

To the OP A transistor radio left in a bathroom will work for maybe several months or years. ( unless it is one specifically designed to work in high humidity areas when it should work for many years ) Then one day it won't work as well as it used to do, The same applies to all electronic equipment. You might only find that it has succumbed to dampness when it is really needed.

The transistor radio is used often and its failure will be noted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back