Yale Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a quick problem for a year my Yale alarm has been working perfectly now all of a sudden just stopped with AC panel failure. I have done all the trouble shooting reset to factory defaults to no avail, after doing some testing of my own it appears the range it was working has decreased considerably to about 1 meter. It only dectects pir sensors and door contacts within about a meter range. Anybody shed any light on this ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Sponsored Links
the ac failure is easily resolved by reestablishing the mainspower and clearing the fault log.
the transmission problem could be as stated above. The only time i ever experienced the above problem was when a wireless router was too close to the control panel. Resolved by moving either the router or panel to another phone outlet

Is it near a party wall ? If so and nothing major has changed in your house then a possible cause is that your next door neighbour has been given some new wireless based equipment for Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Nothing has changed at all I got up this morning disabled it all was well, just about to go out for lunch tried to set it nothing and all that was in the fault log was AC Panel failure. I have tried changing the position of the panel but where ever I go it will not pick up the pir or door contacts unless there right next to the control panel.

In answer to the questions above

No batteries have been changed, no new electrical equipment and moving has no effect. It is on a party wall but the neighbour is nearly 90 so I could not see her getting anything to technical.

The model is Yale premium alarm HSA6400

Anymore hepl would be appreciated

Thanks Paul

The major problem would seem to be the ac failure.
Have you tried the charger in another socket in the home.
When the ac power fails as well as getting a message in the fault log you should also see an orange light on the panel and hear a bleep every 30 seconds or so.
The ac failure doesn't flag up immediately as the system only polls for ac failure around once a minute as part of its constant system check. Therefore you are not losing ac power momentarily but for prolonged periods.
You may have either a faulty plug socket or a faulty charger. The reason your sensors are not picking up from any range may be because the internal control panel battery is now very weak due to continued loss of ac power and the system probably requires a good 24hr charge up without interuption to get the system working properly again.

The internal battery in the control panel lasts for 10hrs without power but your continued ac failure over a number of days would suggest that battery will now be very low. Using a bit of lateral thinking does your lead to the panel from the charger pass by any central heating or radiator pipes. you may have damaged the charger lead with heat from the pipes hence the problem suddenly appearing in this cold snap. Try another charger with the same voltage and polarity. You need to give the panel a good charge too for around 24hrs.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I already check the plug socket and adapter both tested ok the ac power failure fault disappeared with a factory reset but it still wont find the find the pir or door contacts. The alarm has been charging in another room since my first post yesterday just to be on the safe side so it has nearly has a full charge with no sign of any fault apart from the one described I'll go try again in a bit and post back.

Are we running out of ideas ?

Thanks for all help it is appreciated

Thanks Paul

I have to say that having devices that will not respond unless adjacent to the panel is something I have never experienced before ever.
In that respect yes I am running out of ideas. However the fact that it worked before and has only failed to transmit since the ac failure does point to the ac failure being the cause of the problems.

If the socket and charger are both functioning properly then the ac failure points to your actual electricity supply failing.

There may be some other intermittent power failure

I have to say that having devices that will not respond unless adjacent to the panel is something I have never experienced before ever.
In that respect yes I am running out of ideas. However the fact that it worked before and has only failed to transmit since the ac failure does point to the ac failure being the cause of the problems.

If the socket and charger are both functioning properly then the ac failure points to your actual electricity supply failing.

Supply faling? How?...
Perhaps it might just be the board/controller is now b*ll*xed

Supply faling? How?...
Perhaps it might just be the board/controller is now b*ll*xed

It could be , however it charged up fine in another room without reporting an ac failure so have we an intermittent loose wire in the original socket perhaps?
I am quite happy to say its b*ll*xed once we have exhausted all other possibilities.

To the original poster. I presume since you have reset the panel to factory defaults you have programmed all the sensors back in again?

Hi All,

Now that it has a charge I have put it back in its original position and all seems to work fine the pirs and door contacts have been programmed in. the only thing not set in the system is the bell box I cant be bothered going up the ladder in this weather to push the learn button, is it possible learn it without going up the ladder ?.

I have checked the wall socket taken it off tested it its in perfect condition the I have tested the charger thats ok. What bothers me now is if everything is ok whats to stop it doing it again is it an intermittent fault? I'll always be wondering about it now.

Thanks all for your help it really is appreciated

Paul

Unfortunately you will have to climb that ladder to learn in the siren again if you have cleared the system to factory default. I suspect you could have just cleared the fault log rather than reseting the whole system and your siren would still have been learnt in.

The suspicion is that your wall socket has a loose wire now perhaps inside itself or even the wiring from the consumer unit to the socket.

Now that the system is fully charged the next time there is an ac failure detected then at least you will have 10 hrs back up and you will know from the beep that it has detected a power loss.

Do you share the socket with the alarm and something else? It only needs the adapter to be slightly leaning away from the socket or not quite fitting flush for the power to be disconnected. Sometimes the adapter can simply lean away with gravity if the socket is old and loose.

Hi all,

The next chapter !!!!,

All was working well after my last post on the 2nd of Jan.

I came to set the alarm nothing so I went to check the control panel no fault log was show so I did a walk test nothing.

So there is no error log (no faults indicated), did a walk test nothing, removed a pir and now it wont detect it again.

Anybody any ideas ??

Would it be safe to assume Yale is now due for recycling ? and anybody recommend a wireless alarm which is not Yale ?

Thanks Paul

How old is the alarm?

Is it a 3000 series alarm or 6000 series alarm?

If you have had it for less than 2 yrs it is still under sale of goods.

Hi all,

The next chapter !!!!,

All was working well after my last post on the 2nd of Jan.

I came to set the alarm nothing so I went to check the control panel no fault log was show so I did a walk test nothing.

So there is no error log (no faults indicated), did a walk test nothing, removed a pir and now it wont detect it again.

Anybody any ideas ??

Would it be safe to assume Yale is now due for recycling ? and anybody recommend a wireless alarm which is not Yale ?

Thanks Paul
Time it went in the skip.
Have a look round for the Visonic Powermax+ - comes as a kit in various configurations.
Scantronic Ion will also do nicely but a little more pricey.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back