Yale EF-BX won't learn new system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I recently upgraded from the EF-KIT2 to the SR-310 (starter). I kept my existing accessories (PIR/contacts) which have 'learnt' onto the new system fine, however I can't get the Siren Box to join.

I've obviously tried the learn button but wasn't sure there was anything else I should try, perhaps with the programming switches?

Many thanks,

Mark

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with that model, but presumably there is an actual switch, or a control setting, to put the siren into "learn" mode? And then get the panel to signal to it? On the older models, it can't be done just at the control panel, and you had to take the siren off the wall.

What does the instruction book say?

@Mark_UK Did you manage to get this working in the end?

I'm having no luck with learning the EF-BX to the smart hub (or weirdly, even back to the EF control unit). Reset the Siren via the jumpers and nothing. Really not impressed with it. I get the relevant documented chirps when resetting the alarm and a single chirp when turning it back on with the correct jumpers set (i've tried it as a master and not as depending on the manual being followed they can differ but its always jumper 1).

Essentially I'm down to the internal alarm for the moment :-/

@Mark_UK Did you manage to get this working in the end?

I'm having no luck with learning the EF-BX to the smart hub (or weirdly, even back to the EF control unit). Reset the Siren via the jumpers and nothing. Really not impressed with it. I get the relevant documented chirps when resetting the alarm and a single chirp when turning it back on with the correct jumpers set (i've tried it as a master and not as depending on the manual being followed they can differ but its always jumper 1).

Essentially I'm down to the internal alarm for the moment :-/

Hi Rich, did you ever get this figured out please? I'm having the same problem with an EF-BX Siren and a EF-KIT2 on a house I bought, I assume they were bought together but now I'm not sure. If i arm the system using a keyfob both the Control Panel and Siren respond. But If i arm it via a Keypad or on the Control Panel the Siren just seems to ignore it. Very strange. Dont really fancy arming and disarming both CP and Siren using the Keyfob but here we are.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I recently upgraded from the EF-KIT2 to the SR-310 (starter). I kept my existing accessories (PIR/contacts) which have 'learnt' onto the new system fine, however I can't get the Siren Box to join.

I've obviously tried the learn button but wasn't sure there was anything else I should try, perhaps with the programming switches?

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,
Did you ever get this figured out please? I'm having the same problem with an EF-BX Siren and a EF-KIT2 on a house I bought, I assume they were bought together but now I'm not sure. If i arm the system using a keyfob both the Control Panel and Siren respond. But If i arm it via a Keypad or on the Control Panel the Siren just seems to ignore it. Very strange. Dont really fancy arming and disarming both CP and Siren using the Keyfob but here we are.

Cant seem to get the Control Panel to recognise the Siren, very odd

Regards

Hi all,

Did this get resolved? I had the same issues with my siren and the EF-KIT2, just bought the SR-310 hoping to alleviate the issue, but now uncertain!

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back