Yale night latch problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so my brother in law some how buggered our nightlatch as he was leaving. I think he pulled the door using the latch before twisting.

The knob bit of the latch was hanging down and twisting it had no effect on the latch itself. It would only open using a key from the outside.

I took the latch off and opened the inside. The circular bit that rotates when you twist the knob up/down didnt engage the mechanism to pull back the lock.

I've managed to take the plate off the underside of the latch and jiggle things so it works now. But the knob on the latch doesnt sit right, And I can't get the button the slide and hold the latch in place.

Any suggestions? Or should I just replace it?

This is the sort of lock it is:
http://picclick.co.uk/YALE-HIGH-SECURITY-DOUBLE-LOCKING-NIGHT-LATCH-BRASS-222235386694.html

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yeah I reckon it was probably on it's way out. There's no handle other than the night latch so the knob gets turned to open the latch and then pulled to open the door. A separate door handle would probably take some of the stress off the latch. It's working fine now other than I can't get the button to slide to hold the latch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back