Yale Premium Alarm Kit

thanks for the reply. I fitted my Yale kit yesterday. So far im very happy with it. Did catch me out as i didnt set all the sensors up so when i armed the alarm then entred the house the alrm sounded instantly!

yg3 - whats the best setting to have for when were all out ie, normal and for when were in bed so i can disarm upstairs.
Yep the manual doesn't tell you that when you programme the system using the first time easy install all the sensors default to burglar ie instant activation.

I actually only install ONE door contact , the entry device using first time easy install. I then mount everything ie the one door contact and the siren. Program the door contact to entry device and then test the system.
Then I go back into the menu and add all the othet devices - When you add devices at this stage you get cyled through all the options of naming your devices and selecting their mode. Speeds up the process , makes things easier and avoids mistakes.

Re part setting

Ideally I would set up your alarm as follows:-

Front door - entry
hallway pir - entry
Lounge pir - burglar
kitchen pir - burglar
back door contact - burglar
upstairs landing pir - home omit

This way your upstairs sensor will only be active if you press the red full arm button.
If you press the amber part arm button all your downstairs sensors will be active but your upstairs landing one will be off allowing movement upstairs at night.

Your hall sensor set to entry will allow you to open your front door without setting off the alarm but will also pick you up when you come downstairs in the morning and start your control panel ticking its countdown reminding you to disable the alarm using your front door keypad.

Thats a typical three bed semi and would cost between £270 and £310 depending where you bought your yale system.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply yg3, I'll set it up in the morning.

I'd like to say thanks for the help and info throughout. I'm really please with the Yale set up and reading all the info you have put on the forum helped in my decision.

To quote
As you could disable a Yale so could I disable a professional install wired or wireless , landline or dualcom.

Given the ability to use specific tools.

Unquote.

Sorry your wrong, the RA (risk assesment) would allow time for an intrusion to be sent, either IP Digi GPRS or GSM.

Yale does which of the above?

Easy to bypass a Yale.

You tell me / us how to bypass a G2/3/4 and you`ll be a millionare.

Then I go back into the menu and add all the othet devices - When you add devices at this stage you get cyled through all the options of naming your devices and selecting their mode. Speeds up the process , makes things easier and avoids mistakes.

Do you set the control panel's internal siren to 'on' or 'off'?

Sponsored Links
Rather see it off, and use a seperate sounder.
That way the intruder ( touch wood you dont have one) will not be drawn to the panel. Thus giving it time to signal.

To quote
As you could disable a Yale so could I disable a professional install wired or wireless , landline or dualcom.
Given the ability to use specific tools.

Sorry your wrong, the RA (risk assesment) would allow time for an intrusion to be sent, either IP Digi GPRS or GSM.
Yale does which of the above?
Easy to bypass a Yale.
You tell me / us how to bypass a G2/3/4 and you`ll be a millionare.

Easy to bypass a Yale?
Don't be silly now.
I would happily set up a Yale alarm safe in the knowledge that there is no way you could enter that home without activating the alarm.

Lets see now . . .
Maybe you were going to jam the frequency - sorry fail that would activate the external siren.
Perhaps you were going to stop the electricity supply to the home - sorry that would not make any difference.
Perhaps you were going to try and physically remove or blind the sensors - another fail
Ok lets try smashing the panel - another fail
maybe guessing the code? . . fail
Be serious I have fitted enough Yale alarms to know that I could arm a home that you just could not get into without activating the alarm.

As for your 'failsafe' system
IP digi?
You mean assuming the broadband connection is working or that the phone line carrying it hasn't been cut? (IP digi sounded good but was just an old tech connection in another guise)
GSM GPRS ? Assuming that the network is operating and that you have a good signal or the sim card hasn't expired or run out of credit.

Alarm

You are a pro installer and your pro kit can have certain advantages over a Yale system.

1. It is insurance approved
2. . . . . . . . . . . erm still thinking

Well thats it really so if you don't aim to get a discount on your insurance or you haven't been instructed to fit a graded system under the terms of your insurance then there is no difference.

Oh except cost that is.

Your contributions into any Yale threads look at times as if you are giving security advice but then you degenerate into yale bashing time and time again coming out with unsubstantiated nonsense.

At the end of the day whether by one of your pro systems or Yale the technology is exactly the same.
We have infra red movement sensors that detect heat
We have reed switches that detect a magnetic field
We have a receiving device that reacts according to input
and we have an SAB . . something noisy

If you really want to push you continued argument against yale then put your name and address in the next post and state again that Yale systems can be easily bypassed and I will happily put your assertion to the Assa Abbloy legal team.

Do you set the control panel's internal siren to 'on' or 'off'?

It depends on what you have alarmed your home for.
If its to protect an empty home then the siren inside is not neccessary and as Alarm said the alarm can send out its call without the panel drawing attention.

However if you want an alarm because you want to feel safe while at home and you worry about intruders while you sleep then keep the internal sounder on.

Lets see now . . .
Maybe you were going to jam the frequency - sorry fail that would activate the external siren.

Jam it long enough to make the siren sounds and then repeat on a regular basis until the siren is ignored as just another false alarm. ( or the internal battery is exhausted )

If the external siren is sounding can the control panel send an instruction by wireless to the external siren to stop it sounding ?

Be serious I have fitted enough Yale alarms to know that I could arm a home that you just could not get into without activating the alarm.
With that knowledge and ability why are you not working as a top level security consultant for people who need impregnable security at a budget price.

As for your 'failsafe' system ~~ ~~or that the phone line carrying it hasn't been cut?
In most cases the phone line is inaccessible if laid underground to the property. A dummy or second line which can be easily cut may be in place. A cut line can be detected instantly in the protected property and with some latency at the other end and these detections can invoke the necessary response.

Bernard we are talking here about protecting regular domestic properties where in reality no installer will be fitting G3 or G4.
We are talking here about fitting a G2 system or a Yale thats all.

Fine go on about whatever mission immpossible alarm you want and at the end of the day no matter how slick you think it works if the external alarm sounds it will only make a difference if your neighbours are good and they respond and don't ignore it. Your underground phone line going into the not 100% infallible local telephone exchange will only have an effect if the Police turn up if they have someone available.

But when you have fitted your G4 system with three types of monitoring and a hefty service and monitoring contract its price and running costs will far outweigh the value of the goods they are trying to protect.

Glad I spent £3000 and £600 a year in servicing to protect my £250 iphone!

Yale person.
You have probably found all the answers to your statements now posted.

However as much as you argue, the Yale isnt graded. Not recognised by insurance companies. As it has inherrant issues with being bypassed.
I will if asked by a Yale ASSA Abloy person give all my details. As I am also a trained locksmith and use their products extensivley.

I stand by my claims, a Yale systen is NOT graded or recognised by any insurance company. It is a cheap alternitave for piece of mind. That is all.
It is a cheap alternitive to a professional system.
It satasifies the options needed for people with a limited budget.

Certain Yale products can and have been bypassed, by not only professionals but intruders.

I am totally willing to put my name to this if needed.
So please notify the hodling companies of this thread.
I can assure you in a court of law my opinion will be upheld.
And I have no worries of having to stand in said court and account for my words.
I can say without doubt a professional system is better and harder to defeat.

Are you willing to do the same with equipment you buy from a "shed" and claim it to be up to a certain standard?

Anytime anytime you want this to go to court i`ll be glad to prove the point.

This is all so unnecessary now.

Everyones got their own opinions and let's leave it at that.

Opinions have nothing to do with the regulations stipulated by ACPO or the standards body.

They are laid out to keep false alarms to a minimum. And we work to them stringently. Even have "boards" trying to improve the standards.
All worked in conjunction with Police Insurers and installers.

May not agree with all but we work to the standards issued.
This country has probably the most stringent standards, and WE WORK TO THEM.

So a "installer " of a bit of a of ungraded "kit" isnt really one to make out his is the standard to best.
I do however see his commitment.
He obviously knows his stuff.

How more fair can I be?

Its just the same old same old.
Once a Yale thread goes up in come the usual suspects thinking its an excuse to have a go at the product.

Thats deeply offensive to people who may be of limited finances or who have already weighed up the options and have actually considered that a Yale alarm will suit their needs.

A yale alarm works as an alarm , It does what it says on the tin.
A mini does 95% of what a Ferrari does.
If I wanted to drive from Leeds to London tommorow both would do the Job. However the Ferrari would cost the most to get there.

Please do not mention the ACPO guidelines again as they are designed for one reason only and that is to save police time. There is absolutely nothing in those guidelines that is aimed towards giving the public adequate service if they are unfortunate enough to be burgled.

Insurance rules fine I have never disputed that the only trump card you have is that insurers will give you a discount or that only a graded system can be installed if an insurer insists on an alarm.
This does not affect whether an alarm works or not.

You could fit a graded system tommorow but it could be absolute rubbish. The system might be up to specification but what do you do if the owner of that five bedroom house says he doesn't want to pay for any extras and expects 2 pirs to secure his home? Do you refuse to fit the alarm or do you do what he says , sign up the service contract and walk off knowing that he could be burgled anytime by anyone who simply wanted to break in an unprotected area and go upstairs and take all the stuff they wanted anyway , jewellery , i=phones - watches - id documents - laptops etc.

Its just the same old same old.
Once a Yale thread goes up in come the usual suspects thinking its an excuse to have a go at the product.

I am concerned about the overselling of the product's good points and the under selling of the deficience of the product.

Thats deeply offensive to people who may be of limited finances or who have already weighed up the options and have actually considered that a Yale alarm will suit their needs.

If they have considered that certain make of alarm will suit their needs after making an informed decision then that is fine. I am concerned that some people have considered that a certaon make of alarm will suit their needs afte maing a decision based on incomplete information supplied by a person with a strong bias to one and only one make of alarm system.

With systems that false alarm too often there is the "cry wolf" reaction from neighbours. After a few false alarms they ignore the alarm and the burglars know this.

I asked the question :-

"" If the external siren is sounding can the control panel send an instruction by wireless to the external siren to stop it sounding ? ""

I await the answer !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back