Yale Premium alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I wonder if anyone can offer some advice.

Bought a Yale alarm about 10 months ago and it's been fine to date. However, we came home last week and despite opening the front door which has a door contact, it didn't activate the alarm. At first I assumed it was the batteries but for some reason all local shops seem to be out of stock. We don't drive so I ordered some from the internet (still waiting).

In the meantime, though, I decided to see if other aspects of the system were working ok and tried to unlearn and relearn my devices (including a PIR in which I put brand new batteries). The system would not pick them up at first. After much frustration it eventually decided to accept them.

Then the panel started showing a tamper fault which couldn't be cleared no matter what I did. In the end I did a full factory restore and hurray, everything seemed to work. I was even able to learn-in a new pet-friendly PIR.

Unfortunately, woke up this morning to find a fault message saying the pet PIR was 'out of order' and now it's back to its broken state. None of the devices are picked up on a walk test. Although they light up when the test button is pressed. I'm baffled!

**Extra note (10 mins later) - Just tested it again and everything working!? Not convinced it will stay this way though so would still appreciate advice :) **

Many thanks!
Donna

Sponsored Links
In response to your problems. Firstly I am a little bemused about it being 10 months old and now needing batteries.
I have installed over 200 of these alarms for people and battery life is averaging 18 months minimum.
You have said you have a tamper that won't clear.
which tamper is it. It may be the panel tamper which requires simply the control panel to be pushed down firmly on its holding plate. There is a microswitch in the back so if the panel isn't sitting properly this fault won't clear.
The only other time I have had problems even remotely resembling yours is when the control panel was within a metre of another radio transmitter. If you have just got a new wireless router or if you have moved it closer to the panel this may be the reason for your problems. They don't have to be far apart , just more than a metre or so.

The only time other than when too close to a router that sensors have dropped out of the system is if the sensors were too far from the control panel but this is usually flagged up on the panel log .
If batteries are failing (which I doubt so soon) then the log actually tells you that batteries are low in whichever sensor.
I presume you have the 6400 system (round sirens) rather than the old kit 5 (square sirens)..
Regards
Mark

PS re sensors not being picked up in the walk test.
The sensors may be in sleep mode if they have already detected movement.
To ensure they are not in sleep mode if you press the learn button and the light comes on they are no longer in sleep mode.
They do however go back to sleep mode if you move about in front of them a few times so I tend to do the walk test after making sure I haven't crossed them for a while. That way they will have come back out of sleep mode which is after 1 minute without detecting movement if I recall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back