Yale smart alarm PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn’t find anything.

I recently bought a Yale smart alarm and started to install it today. The door sensors all work fine, when I open the doors it sets the alarm of if it is armed. The PIR sensors though, just rarely seem to detect anything, I can walk around, wave my arms, even climb the ladder and wave in front of it without setting it off. Sometimes this will, but more often than not it won’t. We have the pet PIR sensors as we have cats, but surely they should be more sensitive than that. I did mount them a little higher than in the instructions as our ceilings are about 2.4m high (mounted about 2.3m instead of 1.8-2.1m), but surely that can’t be making them useless? Anyone have any ideas/suggestions about what I could be doing wrong? As far as I am aware it’s not the 1 minute snooze thing as I have been walking around for minutes.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Think you have answered your own question! The installation height will have a big impact on the detection sensitivity with pet immune PIRs due to the way they work to "ignore" animals. I would try mounting them within the range recommended by the manufacturer, arm the system, wait for one minute and then try again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back