Yale SmartHome Alarm with GSM

I happen to be talking about ALL Yale alarms. The Yale dummy boxes have been around so long now they are recognised as Dummy boxes or a DiY that does not get used because it has not been installed correctly etc etc
Ok - don't see how that has anything relevant to this issue or thread to be honest?
Back to the topic....
So had anyone got the SMS remote command working on this panel?

Sponsored Links
akz786 did you get anywhere with this. I am having exactly the same issue.
If the Alarm is triggered I receive a texttelling me the Alarm has gone off. I can dial in and get the answering machine but texts have zero response.
Yale technical support have been poor if I am honest. 6 days to get a response and they say they want to send round another installer.
I must be at least the 3rd person on here with the same issue you would have thought they would have some idea of a resolution.

Hi guys, I have the HSA6500 that also has this feature. The SMS commands work on mine.

FYI, my disarm command looks like "PROG 1234 MODE∶D", where PROG is my keyword, and 1234 is my PIN.

Last edited:
PS: I got the format from the Yale GSM control iPhone app.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
interesting read.

if Yale want to send an engineer and the engineers have no clue what does that say about the system/support?

hope the format posted by James resolves the issue but sounds like you would need to know a few things, keyword, pin and the command itself.

The default keyword is PROG unless the user has changed it, and the PIN is the same as the alarm PIN. Not sure why the keyword is necessary given that the PIN provides the security though, but it is.

Tried that thanks, nothing doing.
Yale have not come back to me which is disappointing.

As Yale have proven to be as useful as a chocolate teapot, lets see if between us we can resolve the issue.
First thing is I am using a GiffGaff sim card so would be interesting to see if this is a common factor or not.
The only difference between what is in the manual and what I have used is that my keyword is 4 characters long and all lowercase not as in the manual 3 characters starting with a capital. I have used spaces between the individual sets of characters/digits and not underscores. I have tried setting and unsetting the alarm with both Hangouts on my Android phone and a GSM app, neither appear to work.
I have tried it with and without the zone number at the start of the 4 digit pincode and again that makes no difference either.

Anybody else the same or different from above might help resolve it.

akz786 did you get anywhere with this. I am having exactly the same issue.
If the Alarm is triggered I receive a texttelling me the Alarm has gone off. I can dial in and get the answering machine but texts have zero response.
Yale technical support have been poor if I am honest. 6 days to get a response and they say they want to send round another installer.
I must be at least the 3rd person on here with the same issue you would have thought they would have some idea of a resolution.

Been away for a while, yes I did. Basically the manual is wrong, the format you need is as follows: smskeyword 1**** 11 00 to arm. (00 to disarm + 00 to receive a confirm SMS)
eg. mike123 11234 11 00. you have to use area code as 1, even though the manual states you dont, and you have to keep spaces and do NOT use the underscores.
setup your smskeyword and also setup sms cofirm as +44 and 0 as manual suggests, oh and disable Final Door if you haven't already done so..

Thanks for your response, what you say is spot on.
Yale came back to me and said my keyword needed to be 3 letters long and start with a capital which is how I discovered that I had entered my keyword as all caps and not as I had thought Capital and then lowercase. You have to keep pressing the key until you get to the lowercase letters.
I haven't as yet disabled final door as I wanted to send a text to disable the alarm, not too bothered about setting the alarm by text at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back