YALE WIRELESS 6300 ALARM PIR ISSUE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

All seems ok after set up I think ?
So I decided to set the PIRs off myself after arming the system.

I walked passed a armed PIR but it took about 20 secs before the external siren went off.
(I have disabled the alarm on the control panel)

Is this to do with sleep modes or have I got some thing wrong ?

kind regards
Jeff

Sponsored Links
Sorry to piggy back on your post... I have also got this alarm... and i would like to know can you set it so only the doors are armed at night and not the light up things on the wall?

sorry again.

I had your problem as well... check the buttons on the keypad you might find a button is stuck in. design fault i put it too.

What zone was it and how was it programed?

Sounds like you need to program a part set where the devices you dont want to work are omitted.

Not familiar with the alarm so would have to check the manual for engineering or user programmable options.

I dont know. I just took it out the box and my brother put it in... i think he just dotted them around the place then plugged it in

Sponsored Links
if you get a copy of the manual then it my be clearer as to what you can and cant do.

I am sure someone thats familiar with the alarm will post something but look for user or installation manual just in case.

Afternoon all.

Ok alarm man... By the sounds of it you have your PIRs sent to entry... Which means you have 20seconds as standard to disarm the alarm... If I was you buy the 6400 panel.

Blonde hello!
You need to do what Hoover said. Good advice Hoover. Set to omit home, set it at night using the orange button not the red button. Home set not away set.

Hope this helps

agreed it sounds like an entry exit zone.

Not familiar with the zone types or functions on this panel.

But a delay for external bell going off after triggering a sensor is common on most panels of around 30 seconds.

I know there are other panels where you can program delays in bell firing after activating any alarm zone type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back