Yale wireless alarm HSA6400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently installed & tested the HSA 6400.Unfortunately i removed the Control Panel from the backplate to position trunking for the telephone cable.On refitting the Control Panel to backplate the display indicated 'Panel Tamper' ( not surprising) & showed a permanent yellow fault light.I have gone thro' the clear fault log procedure without success.I have also ensured that the Control Panel sits snugly on the backplate.( currently 'off the wall').I can activate the alarm via the 'Force Arm' procedure & the yellow light goes out, but returns after deactivation.Could someone please advise how to return to normal function.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I don't know much about yale stuff, however...

If you say you have tried to clear the fault but it still it won't go away, then i would assume that the fault still exists. Most tamper switches click when they have been closed. Try listening out for it. Alternatively, remove the bracket from the wall and attach to the control panel while holding it, then try and re-set it.

Thanks for input Josh
Have already tried your suggestion.Control Unit is 'off the wall'.Cannot hear the switch activate even with gentle upward pressure with a cocktail stick.Cannot understand why a switch might fail under these circumstances.------------------------When i initially removed Control Panel @ start of this process it did not trigger an alarm ,even though everything prior was normal.

Sorry i have been unable to participate recently.I can categorically confirm that the trunking does not contribute to the problem.I removed the control panel in order to ' chisel out ' for the trunking.I have only installed the trunking today at considerable depth & the control panel /backplate have never been in contact with it.I eventually cleared the 'fault log' & yellow fault light by powering down the AC supply & switching the battery switch off & on.The fault log then defaulted to manufacturer's settings, & the yellow fault LED went out.Thanks for input

Sponsored Links
Sorry for confusion but i did say that it was 'off the wall'.Anyway i do appreciate everyone taking time out to consider this.I will be speaking to the supplier tomorrow.If he is not receptive this may continue.Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back