Yale wireless alarm install question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

bought a Yale HSA6200 Standard Alarm Kit for the garage.

Tried ringing Yale but they'd closed. Hope to fit this tomorrow but....

Kinda wondered about distances.

Wanted to fit one PIR and both door sensors in the garage with the keypad. But, the box. Dont really want to mount it on the garage as its kinda easy to get out so wanted to mount it on the rear wall of the house.

Distance from keypad, PIR and contacts inside the garage to the box is going to be about 80-85 feet with open garden inbetween.

Will it work?!?

Thanks,

Daren

Sponsored Links
Just as an addition to these posts.
I installed a full system to a home which had a stable block.
The owner wanted this to be alarmed but didn't want it to be part of the home system so a seperate 6200 system was installed.
The siren was placed on his house next to his bedroom window so he would be alerted and woke up in the event of anyone breaking into the outbuilding.
I decided to mount the alarm on the wall and to ensure the system would work test the system till it failed by walking as far away from the home as I could in the field and pressing the keypad arm and disarm buttons.
I got as far as 125metres away from the siren on the wall and it was still responding to the keypad. The only reason I didn't go further was because I had reached the perimiter hedge.

Sponsored Links
Just as an addition to these posts.
I installed a full system to a home which had a stable block.
The owner wanted this to be alarmed but didn't want it to be part of the home system so a seperate 6200 system was installed.
The siren was placed on his house next to his bedroom window so he would be alerted and woke up in the event of anyone breaking into the outbuilding.
I decided to mount the alarm on the wall and to ensure the system would work test the system till it failed by walking as far away from the home as I could in the field and pressing the keypad arm and disarm buttons.
I got as far as 125metres away from the siren on the wall and it was still responding to the keypad. The only reason I didn't go further was because I had reached the perimiter hedge.

Out of interest, does this mean the home owner had two external sirens on his house, one for the stable and the other for his home.

Ta

Ref two sirens on house..

Yes allthough not on the same aspect.
The house alarm siren was on the front of the property and the stable block siren was on the rear of the property.

Yale don't provide help over the phone even though they still list a helpline number.
All you can do is ask a question on their website support page or send them a question using the same page.
The support is hopeless though if you've to do this. You might have to wait days for a reply.

I give Yale advice free.... :) and with extensive experience.
Haven't failed yet.. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back