Yale Wireless Alarms But With A Different Bell Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have considered buying the Yale wirleess EF-KIT3 alarm.

It looks pretty neat and does have iphone intreaction - I have read about a few problems that people on here have had.

My question is whether it is possible to not use the Yale bell box and use a ADT box. Basically I do not want people to know I have a Yale system installed!

Sponsored Links
doubtful, the yale is completely wireless, wireless systems use specific components. unless they have so kind of wireless adaptor to fit a hard wired bell (assuming the adt is hard wired), then no, if the adt cover is metal, then also no as it will absorb the wireless signal.

Given what I have heard about Yale I would look elsewhere. How much is your budget and you want a camera, may be worth you looking at a pyronix enforcer home control kit?

saying that not seen anyone offering this with a camera yet, but I saw they had 2 camera options at ifsec so you may need to ask pyronix about stockists/ availability.

Last edited:
If you want to conceal the brand and the distinctive Yale yellow, you can probably take off the plastic cover and spray it with Plasticote in e.g. white. If you want to go further, you can get bell-box transfers on ebay.

I doubt it would fool a competent burglar, but would confuse a crack-head armed with a brick and a screwdriver.

If your house is thought to be crammed with gold jewellery and sacks of cash you need better protection.

Sponsored Links
You'd be surprised, I know a magistrate who has hundreds, no, thousands of pounds in cash and jewellery behind the 'kick plate' of some furniture, can't be told.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back