Best wireless Alarm?

Sponsored Links
  • Professional Style Wireless Mains Powered Siren for added reliability over solar and battery powered sirens. Easy to install with plug in power supply and jack connection.

Check that there is a back up battery in the siren to ensure ( hopefully ) that it can still receive alarm messages during a power cut and sound the siren.

Sponsored Links
When I asked a similar question the helpful folk on here recommended a Pyronix Enforcer.

I'm happy so far.

Good luck

Why You Should Not Buy A Response / Chuango MiGuard G5 Burglar Alarm Part 2 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com › ...
I would use pyronix enforcer ,visonic powemax or Texecom ricochet.
Stay clear of Yale ,even thou you have had one before.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've had a good look and like the look of this one as it has a smaller keypad.

Is it fully wireless though? I've read they're a bit of a nightmare to setup??

http://www.diy-alarms.co.uk/pscatal...e-x3_shield/odyssey_x_cover_colour-white_blue

This is a hybrid control panel.
The kit is wireless
You can have 4 hard wired devices if required and a hard wired bell box.
The remote keypad you will have to wire to the control panel.
You will get plenty of help on how to set up this system on this forum.
Secure Will help a lot and has plenty of knowledge if you have issues.
The likes of Yale and other cheaper diy system you will find not to get the help required as professional installer do not fit that equipment.The kit you are looking at is a standard kit for us.
Hope this makes you choose the right kit.

The more I read about the texecom the more I see people sawing it's a beast to setup, I'm by no means stupid but don't want to buy one and find I'm stuffed.

What's so difficult about them?

Cheers!

The people trying to program them.....they start messing with options they don't understand making it even harder to program the system, buy a USB comm lead and install wintex , much easier to program this way and any wrong changes easier to spot from a screen shot ...

The people trying to program them.....they start messing with options they don't understand making it even harder to program the system, buy a USB comm lead and install wintex , much easier to program this way and any wrong changes easier to spot from a screen shot ...

No idea what wintex is but I'll take a look. Not as simple as my Yale by the sounds of it!! Haha

So, anyone in the Wiltshire area fancy fitting the alarm for me?

Go on internet website for ssaib or nsi and get a quote ?
Installers do not charge for quotes.
This was you will have an insurance approved alarm system.
Or get a wireless kit you think you can install.As i said if possible avoid Yale,only single path wireless equipment. Enforcer and texecom are professional equipment that the trade install not yale.

With the powermax alarm can you get a smaller keypad so I can hide the main unit away?

Done more research and this one seams easier to install.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back