Yamaha lawn mower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I've been doing a lot of work for a poor lady who has been ill for a while.
Part of this is sorting out her huge garden, much of which was thigh length grass!
I got it reasonably short with my electric mower from home but, when clearing out her garage, I found an old Yamaha 342 petrol mower which she'd totally forgotten about.
She said it hadn't been used for many, many years.
The next day I put some fuel in and, after just two pulls, it fired up and it runs like an absolute dream .............................. but, and this is a big but, the blade is pretty much done.
I have two questions, please;
1. Any ideas when the Yamaha 342 was available, and
2. Any ideas where I may be able to obtain spare parts if required.

Many thanks,

Slime.

Sponsored Links
Very rare indeed, even when new but an excellent machine.
Ebay is your pal here, best-buy-mowers rings a bell for 35 quid or so. Pick up a new air filter at the same time if you can! If it starts to burn oil then best to kiss it goodbye but with good oil it will last for years.
John :)

Carters of Swanwick is another one......
Don't worry if your search fails though - the blade can be built back up with weld and then re ground.
The machine started life in about 1991 I think, and had a 7 year run or thereabouts.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi folks.
Was down at the recycling centre, saw one of these, I was intrigued. Aluminium base. Big animal. Got in into the back of car, its a 7 seater, and have now got round to working g on it.

What's with this battery business? Will I need that going. Why does it need a battery?

Some of these had electric key start.....so long as yours has a recoil pull starter you can get by without it.
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back