Need new lawn mower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any reason not to buy a Mountfield petrol mower from B&Q?

My last mower, a Hayter, which I have had for 15 years has finally given up the ghost (the chassis is rusted through - there is a large hole and grass shoots out the top of the chassis!). I have repaired the Hayter many times over the last 15 years - will it be as easy to get Mountfield parts?

Thanks for your thoughts,

M

Sponsored Links
Might last you 5 years. Mountfield aren't what they use to be. Made cheaply in Italy (i think)

You're better off spending more on a good brand like hayter, rover etc and get one with an alloy deck

Sponsored Links
Its the Honda Izy for me.....I've had one hired out for 9 years now and its still running.
The Mountfields are ok, but they are cheaply made now - although spares are easy to get.
John :)

Thanks. The Honda looks interesting and seems to get good reviews.

Are there any good and reasonably priced mowers that now come with a grass box rather than a bag. I had a leaf collector and the bag got eaten by rodents in my shed :(. They are not so into plastic boxes!

Here's the damage on the old Hayter!

Most rotary mowers seem to have fabric bags, at least in part....however, MTD have some plastic grass catchers, and the Stihl - Viking range has some good features. Briggs engine on these.
John :)

Don't buy a Mountfield...............I had one, it lasted 2 seasons. Silly question, can't you repair your mower with a fibre glass kit?

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back