Yellow nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am referring to that yellow loft insulation. I have spent the day tearing it apart and stuffing it in between the roof joists after boarding the loft out.

I KNOW, I KNOW, i should have worn protective clothing and a mask, BUT i never and now i have a terrific chesty cough and feel like a pin cushion. My arms, hands, face, neck, everything that was exposed is full of tiny particles of glass fibre, what a twit.

Question is, do i need any treatment, or with it pass in a day or two.

Sponsored Links
It will pass, yes you were unwise. Overalls, and full face mask with respirator in future. Really hot, and clumsy but better than the alternative. Also may want to consider replacing what is probably fibregalss insulation with mineral fibre which is far less itchy, but still needs the same precautions.

have a fairly cool shower, it will hel;p wash the stuff off, rather than a bath....ouch!

Sponsored Links
Yeah, but dont forget all that itchy stuff has got into your lungs throat etc. Remember, respirator in future :eek:

BTW, NOT a face mask, they are useless. Respirators make the job well hot, but at least your lungs are clean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back