Yellowing gloss...... again!

Think I'll be going back to dulux (blue lid) 8 weeks and no sign of yellowing . 2010 crap used to 'yellow' overnight and you knew it was wrong.. Not praising dulux ~~ they shud have got it right in first place ~# how they got away with it ??? neva mind~~ :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I don't think 8 weeks is really long enough to tell. Customers expect gloss paint to last years, not weeks and I personally wouldn't trust anything Dulux white and oil-based as far as I could throw it. My vote is either for Johnstone's acrylic satinwood or gloss, or Dulux 10x Trade Satinwood, both water-based/hybrids.I've used both and they are impressive. Take a little more care when applying - might in some situations need up to three topcoats (two are usually enough, one never is), but the faster drying time (two hours to touch dry, 6-8 to re-coat) more than makes up for it.

Well I wrote a letter off to Dulux and to their credit they replied. They basically said that their first fomulation after the EU regs changed did yellow faster but they have a new formulation (tins with blue lids). They went onto say that in places with no direct sunlight and places with higher tempertures the paint will yellow quicker. They didnt go into specifics with regards to times.

They also supplied me with vouchers for 5 litres of Trade Undercoat, 5 litres of Trade High Gloss and 10 litres of Dulux Trade Diamond Matt, about £160 worth. So hats off to you Dulux you have certainly made ammends with me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back