Yesterday...............

S

Shutpa

............the sun was in the final stages of the 6 month journey from the Tropic of Capricorn to the Tropic of Cancer. When it began that journey, the Southern Hemisphere was in the midst of summer. Today, it is winter there. When it left, it was winter here and today it is summer. Also today, our longest day, the sun is directly overhead of the Tropic of Cancer. Tomorrow it starts the 6 months journey back again and the hours of daylight will shorten and shorten until it is our winter again. The odd thing is that the sun doesn't move! It doesn't rise, it doesn't fall, and it certainly doesn't make the repeated return journey from the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn. Now where did I store my thermal vest and socks? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Once a teacher, always a teacher.

On a minor technical point, I disagree that the sun doesn't move - after all the universe is still expanding ;)

Thats quite deep Bolo.
Been at the anber nectar tonight? :LOL: :LOL:

Once a teacher, always a teacher.

On a minor technical point, I disagree that the sun doesn't move - after all the universe is still expanding ;)

I did read once that everything in the universe is moving away from the original " Big Bang"
However, I have also read that in a billion or so years time, our galaxy will collide with another galaxy. How is this possible if our galaxy is also moving away from some central point? Do galaxy's move at different speeds?? :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Do galaxy's move at different speeds??

Depends who's eating them!
Me, I savour every little bit, the missus, she nibbles away at them like a little church mouse.

:LOL: :LOL:

I'd imagine just about everything is possible out there.... maybe a cluster of black holes have formed and have deflected the galaxy 45deg off of its path?

so it's now on a convergant path with ours?

It took the Vatican less than 400 years to accept that point.

Yesterday ..........All my troubles seemed so far away :rolleyes:

Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe it's England's way

Sponsored Links
Back