Yet another cheapskate nasty design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Attention all of you who own the latest model Fiesta!
Next time you pull the bonnet catch, give thanks if the damn bonnet actually opens......chances are the plastic pull will simply bend under the pressure :eek:
1 hr 15 min to top up a washer bottle.....I ask you.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Does it say in the book that you can only service them on a cold day John? It should :confused:

Peter

You are so right, Peter :D
I'll replace the pull bracket (which even clips to the metalwork) and expect it to fail within 12 months again.....
Not fit for purpose, rubbish like this - quite a nice little car too.

Perhaps the idea is that you don't service it so it doesn't last to long.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Next time you pull the bonnet catch, give thanks if the damn bonnet actually opens......chances are the plastic pull will simply bend under the pressure :eek:
Or get a helper to assist, by pushing down slightly on the bonnet to relieve the presure on the catch, then pull the lever.

Wotan

Open drivers door, stand beside offside front wing, pull on the bonnet release handle. While, at the same time hitting the bonnet with the flat of the other hand. Don't hit it to hard or you will have panel damage, which is not good

Simples

Or get a helper to assist, by pushing down slightly on the bonnet to relieve the presure on the catch, then pull the lever.

Wotan

There's never anyone around when you need some assistance :p

Open drivers door, stand beside offside front wing, pull on the bonnet release handle. While, at the same time hitting the bonnet with the flat of the other hand. Don't hit it to hard or you will have panel damage, which is not good

Simples

I'd need a 12' arm span to manage that one :p

Just thinking about the design of this....the handle, under the dash offside, pulls the cable that follows a tortuous route to the bonnet catch.
It passes the catch then turns 180 deg to enter the catch from the nearside.
Maybe the car if its a left hooker uses a cable from the nearside and has an easier run - who knows.
Either way, I removed the bonnet lock for a clean and a lube, and the spring that holds the catch shut is hellish strong.
The plastic pull still bent and came away :eek:

Maybe they don't want the bonnet popping on the motorway , like some of the french trash does. ;)

I take it you're not a particular fan of the Renault Clio then, Foxy?
I've had two in with the auto bonnet release...one just bent the bonnet, the second took the screen with it :eek:

I take it you're not a particular fan of the Renault Clio then, Foxy?
I've had two in with the auto bonnet release...one just bent the bonnet, the second took the screen with it :eek:
Never had a french car, never will, they can't cook and they can't build cars. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back