Yet another shower temperature challenge !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Cirque(sp?) (NOT quattro) bar thermostatic mixer shower, bought from B&Q, which works just fine. However, the control is set at 38 degrees C, which is barely above blood heat, and I shiver under it !

The instructions for adjusting the temperature simply say, "Turn off the water. Remove end cap." etc., but I cannot remove the end cap ! Nor can they at B&Q (on their demo model), though they can on the Quattro model, which has the same booklet.

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
I have a Cirque(sp?) (NOT quattro) bar thermostatic mixer shower, bought from B&Q, which works just fine. However, the control is set at 38 degrees C, which is barely above blood heat, and I shiver under it !

The instructions for adjusting the temperature simply say, "Turn off the water. Remove end cap." etc., but I cannot remove the end cap ! Nor can they at B&Q (on their demo model), though they can on the Quattro model, which has the same booklet.

Any ideas ?

Hello

I was wondering how you got on with the shower , I am trying to adjust the temp on mine but have no instructions. Can you help Please

Thanks Vicki

Sponsored Links
Any ideas ?
I was wondering how you got on with the shower , I am trying to adjust the temp on mine but have no instructions. Can you help Please

B&Q rang back; they had managed to get the end cap off. I decided it wasn't going to win, and managed to get mine off, following the instructions. Now it is SPLENDID !

However, it WAS a battle to get off. I used a spike, and this did actually scratch the cap when it slipped. So be ABsolutely strong-minded about it (and strong armed!). No half measures, you WILL conquer it !

Good luck !

Oh, and we have now sold the house ;)

Any ideas ?

B&Q rang back; they had managed to get the end cap off. I decided it wasn't going to win, and managed to get mine off, following the instructions. Now it is SPLENDID !

However, it WAS a battle to get off. I used a spike, and this did actually scratch the cap when it slipped. So be ABsolutely strong-minded about it (and strong armed!). No half measures, you WILL conquer it !

Good luck !

Oh, and we have now sold the house ;)

Thank you for your reply, I have plumber coming today at 12 to do some work he was also going to have a look at the shower but as I dont have the instructions he asked if I could get some info, how do you get it off and once the end cap is off is it self explanatory on how to up the temp or is there some thing I should know? Great news on the house, We are just coming to the end of building an extention we love the results but not the brisk shower every morning. Thanks for your help again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back