You all need to start smoking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
I`m happy to contribute revenue on my 12.5 grammes of rolling baccy - per week :LOL:

I`m happy to contribute revenue on my 12.5 grammes of rolling baccy - per week :LOL:
And I'm happy to contribute our houses revenue on the 150gms of rolling stuff a week.

BUT!! I'm much happier with the rate of revenue I pay to the Belgian Govt. than the extortionate rates over here.

Sponsored Links
They might be able to do a DNA profile of the tumour, but will the NHS be able to afford the expensive drugs needed to treat someone for 10 years or more?

Cheaper to get someone on the Liverpool Care Pathway.

(Peterinfection won't be too keen on that. :LOL: )

Gave up smoking tobacco in may but still have the spliff in the evening, i can breath hell of a lot better and i feel the caanabus sees to my anxiety.

But, that giving up the bacca is a very important move, go for it for your kids at least.

Gave up last October (using Champix , prescribed by my "Health Professional") Everything was fine until I had a minor stroke. Doc seems to think it was everyone and his son that caused the stroke. Of one thing he's sure,,,,,, It wasn't the Champix. :eek: :eek: (even though, it does warn of the 1 in 1000, risk of strokes in the Champix literature).
Anyrode, I'm still packed in smoking, although, if someone was to offer me a cigarette right at this moment, and I had a drag on it, I'd have bought 20 before the clock strikes 12. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Well let's for the sake of argument accept your figure of 1 in 1000 have a stroke because of the drug, and let's leave out the fact that smoking is like playing russian roulette.

It's never nice to be that one but somebody has to be. You have had medicines/treatments that have helped you out and somebody else was that one. There are very very few medicines out there that don't have side effects, that's just how medicines work. Society wants 100% safe medicine but don't realise that probably means no medicine. Paracetamol wouldn't even get to animal studies today, it's so toxic.

Basically your GP doesn't know, but he is almost certainly correct when he says it wasn't the drug but your previous smoking which raised your risk of having a stroke. That's just the way the statistics work, and nobody can prove otherwise.

Certainly it would be a bad thing to ban Champix with available safety data, it prolongs healthy lives in people who smoke and are trying to give up.

Keep up the quitting, the hardest thing a lot of people ever do, and hope you are getting over the stroke.

It's never nice to be that one but somebody has to be. You have had medicines/treatments that have helped you out and somebody else was that one. There are very very few medicines out there that don't have side effects, that's just how medicines work. Society wants 100% safe medicine but don't realise that probably means no medicine. Paracetamol wouldn't even get to animal studies today, it's so toxic.

I'd be careful about this one, you might want to do some reading up on it.

All sorts of nasty side effects, and shenanigans on the actual success rate (they claim 44% on 12 weeks, but no mention of those who start again after 12 weeks, some say the success rate is less than 20%)

What makes me doubly suspicious is that the main reason the NHS push it, is it's a cheaper treatment.

On my 3rd attempt hopefully be last one, using the prescribed Zyban, which works on me every time, but sooner or later I start smoking again because the wife still smokes and so leaves cigarettes lying around and the temptation crosses the threshold and i am back smoking again!

Sponsored Links
Back