YOU are the new PM.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The economy is in a complete mess (cheers Gordon). The deficit is going up and up and will soon reach a trillion pounds.
We are only a couple of steps behind Greece. So what would YOU do if you were the next PM with a decent majority.

Me?

I'd extend tax brackets from 50% up to 80% for those earning over £100k.

Reduce all hospital management by 50%

No person paid out of the public purse would earn more than a cabinet minister. That would include the head of BBC, Tax office, Royal Mail, Celebs like Paxman/Dimbleby.

Cut benefits by 25% (stop the lazy mob smoking and drinking).

Slash BBC budget (you don't really need 2 news readers do you?)

Pull troops out of Afghanistan and halve the number of military personnel.

Cut all Public Offices by 25% (Council etc)

Shut all Quangos.

Scrap ID and Health computer system.

Give the Met Office windows to look out of instead of £250,000,000 computers. (Far more accurate).

How am I doing?

Now you have a go.

Sponsored Links
Nice one Joe, you've just quadrupled the unemployment rate :LOL:

Doesn't that just force all our top earners to move elsewhere? Shouldn't we be spending money on industry and encouraging investment here?

halve the number of military personnel.

If you're anti- military, then you have to reduce the army to zero and get rid of nukes etc. But if you want at least the capacity to defend ourselves, and participate in a modern world, then we need the best army we can muster... plus a nuclear deterrent.

Sponsored Links
...or we could just kill anyone who has more than a 250k estate, and confiscate all their assets, declare property to be theft and reclaim it...deem all political parties to be a waste of money and abolish them, kill the monarchy and take all their assets...outlaw religions and take all their holdings...take over all private enterprise so that everyone works for the government (efficient or what) and remind everyone that if they ask for a pay rise they are causing the country to suffer...and therefore are a traitor...and there is only one thing that traitors deserve...and it isn't prison because there is only two punishments, lashes and death (to cut cost of law and order).

So lets look to 10 years in the future, and president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad contacts the Bristish PM and suggests he/she should step down and let the Muslim council of Great Britain move into 10 Downing Street as Iran have 4 of they strategic nuclear warheads pointed at London... what do you do then?

OK Joe, Let's take these one at a time, yours then mine.

60% Probably.

Reduce all hospital management by 50%

Personally, I'd get rid of 75% of non medical staff.

No person paid out of the public purse would earn more than a cabinet minister. That would include the head of BBC, Tax office, Royal Mail, Celebs like Paxman/Dimbleby.

I'd reduce the pay of a cabinet minister first, then do the same as you suggest.

Cut benefits by 25% (stop the lazy mob smoking and drinking).

Now then steady on. not everyone on benefits, smokes and drinks and not everyone on benefits is lazy.

Slash BBC budget (you don't really need 2 news readers do you?)

I'd make the BBC become self financing. Scrap the TV Licence.

Pull troops out of Afghanistan and halve the number of military personnel.

I'd make a staged withdrawal from Afghanistaniland. Cut troops by 10%

Cut all Public Offices by 25% (Council etc)

I'd rather see councils making savings by natural wastage etc

Shut all Quangos.

Yep

Scrap ID and Health computer system.
Certainly the ID system needs to be scrapped. NHS system, undecided.
At least a fully computerised system would give doctors access to your medical records no matter where you were in the country. (Company designing and building the system would be subject to severe penalties for overspend/ delays etc.

Give the Met Office windows to look out of instead of £250,000,000 computers. (Far more accurate).

Nice idea. but why not scrap the Met Office altogether,, after all we all have windows to look out of.

My own idea to add to the above.

Once illegal immigrants are found/ arrested. Immediate deportation to their country of origin. Regardless of status of the country or risk of torture/ death.

Ohh nearly forgot.
MP's expenses curtailed.

They can claim for stationary and one researcher (not a family member)
Build a large hostel in central London for them to stay in. No claims for mortgage interest on their primary residence. No second house allowances at all. If they don't like it, they have the option to stand down immediately, with my blessing.

Hard but Fair,, That's me.

Nice idea. but why not scrap the Met Office altogether,, after all we all have windows to look out of.

I know!!, I have a great new idea... why not scrap windows... put a tax on people for every window they have !!!? ingenius!!

I know!!, I have a great new idea... why not scrap windows... put a tax on people for every window they have !!!? ingenius!!

How original! ;)

In order to curb the housing shortage (and associated overpriced housing) I'd get large amounts of the unemployed into housebuilding programs, overseen by experienced trades (many of whom themselves will be unemployed) as well as any retired oldies who volunteer for the job.

The properties can be sold off for minimal profit as well as being used for social housing. The unemployed earn their benefits, trades are kept busy, house prices come down etc etc.

I'd also ban that advert for Webuyanycar.com :mad:

Are you people honestly saying that anyone earning 100k should have 60-80% taken off them???!!!!!!!!

So if i get to cross that mark, through MY hard work, I have to give £80k out of my hundred to the government to redistribute to benefit scroungers???
Meaning, after NI, VAT, Fuel Tax, Road tax, I would be lucky to see 10k from my 100k..
...and as I don't get access to benefits etc, i'd have about the same as someone on minimum wage.
...are you fricking mental??

No wonder this country has gone to the dogs, when people want to punish anyone that has worked hard and done alright for themselves.

[quote="imamartian";p="1598510" why not scrap windows... put a tax on people for every window they have !!!? ingenius!![/quote]

Already been tried in the 1600's I think.

Wasn't very popular then and wouldn't be now. Although Powergen and EON may like it quite a lot. :D :D :D

I think the highest rate of tax in this country once stood at the 90% mark.

Are you people honestly saying that anyone earning 100k should have 60-80% taken off them???!!!!!!!!

So if i get to cross that mark, through MY hard work, I have to give £80k out of my hundred to the government to redistribute to benefit scroungers???
Meaning, after NI, VAT, Fuel Tax, Road tax, I would be lucky to see 10k from my 100k..
...and as I don't get access to benefits etc, i'd have about the same as someone on minimum wage.
...are you fricking mental??

No wonder this country has gone to the dogs, when people want to punish anyone that has worked hard and done alright for themselves.

I think the highest rate of tax in this country once stood at the 90% mark.

While i doubt that, that doesn't make it any better. "I only killed 3 million jews...Hitler killed more" would also be a crap excuse.

Sponsored Links
Back