YOU are the new PM.

If I was pm I'd stop all non English speaking peoples benefits, make the jobless do community work, put a stop to the islamification by no more being built and remove the right to wear burkas in public.

Well that's all in the BNPs masterplan, fiver says I know who your vote will go to.

Sponsored Links
I would make writing soaps a capital offence, and introduce compulsory Community Service for BMW drivers.

I'd stop giving foreign aid to countries with nuclear weapons too; if they can afford nukes why are we giving them our money ffs?

I'd also deport any immigrants upon their first criminal offence and completely stop asylum claims.

Deluks why are the bnp so bad? At least they listen to the general public! We are in danger of becoming an Islamic state if the likes of newgas has his way, we have terrorists amongst us who are waiting to strike.

Enoch Powell was right all those years ago. :cry:

Sponsored Links
I'd stop giving foreign aid to countries with nuclear weapons too; if they can afford nukes why are we giving them our money ffs?

Very good point, had never occurred to me before, although I didn't have you down as a Guardian reader.

We are in danger of becoming an Islamic state if the likes of newgas has his way, we have terrorists amongst us who are waiting to strike.

Enoch Powell was right all those years ago. :cry:

Load of old twaddle. Nutters come from all walks of life. Enoch Powell was only right if normal folk start to panic and lose their heads. (Which they will if the newspapers tell them to do so.)

Until we stand up to these parasites who come here to fleece us we'll never sort ourselves out. Britain is a soft touch; we need to toughen up.

know!!, I have a great new idea... why not scrap windows... put a tax on people for every window they have !!!?
That's reinventing the square wheel.

A window tax was introduced in 1696 (it was actually a tax on glass) and abolished in 1861. That's why you see so many Victorian and older houses with blocked in windows.

ha ha... i know !

That's why i posted it. ;)

Ill tell you what is on the cards which they've kept quiet about - because more and more people watch TV programmes on there PC over the broadband, and less actually have TV, and therefore dont buy a TV licence, theres already been a Government White Paper about taxing home PC's if there connected to the net instead.

i would put a tax on foreign lorries using our roads and tax them an import tax on the fuel in their tanks, they can then claim a refund on what they take back with them.
i would also reduce the duty paid by our haulage businesses on fuel this would allow them to compete against all the foreign lorries.

i would scrap vehicle tax and add that to fuel. pay for what you drive!
i would scrap local councils and tax all houses by square metre the bigger the property the higher the duty.

i would scrap working tax credits / child benefit but increase the tax free amount you can earn to make it the same, but reducing the office workers employed running these ridiculous schemes.

I would introduce a compulsory work day per week for anyone unemployed for more than a year. cleaning streets, public buildings, snow (apparently it was done in the 60's) and anything that would need to be done to make britain proud again.

i would get out of EU immediately other countries are doing ok on their own, there is no reason why we cannot trade freely with other countries irrespective of wether we are in the club!!

i would put a tax on foreign lorries using our roads and tax them an import tax on the fuel in their tanks, they can then claim a refund on what they take back with them.
i would also reduce the duty paid by our haulage businesses on fuel this would allow them to compete against all the foreign lorries.

agreed
i would scrap vehicle tax and add that to fuel. pay for what you drive!

They already do that, but haven't scrapped vehicle tax

i would scrap local councils and tax all houses by square metre the bigger the property the higher the duty.

But what about houses in more prosperous areas?

I would introduce a compulsory work day per week for anyone unemployed for more than a year. cleaning streets, public buildings, snow (apparently it was done in the 60's) and anything that would need to be done to make britain proud again.
What an excellent idea!!
i would get out of EU immediately other countries are doing ok on their own, there is no reason why we cannot trade freely with other countries irrespective of wether we are in the club!!
agreed

But what about houses in more prosperous areas?

[/quote]

What about houses in poorer areas for that matter? You could end up with a 3 bedroom house in say Corby or Rochdale having higher rates than a £1 million shoebox flat in Chelsea.

For what it's worth my manifesto

Income tax would be scrapped and revenues raised through VAT , luxury goods would be charged higher rates afterall nobody really needs champagne or lambourginis.
An additional tax on goods would be an excessive transport tax levied on a sliding scale dependant on how far a product has travelled e.g. 0% under 300miles, 10% 300-500 miles 20% over 500 miles and so on. The incentive here would be to encourage people to buy their goods from British manufactures and make imports less attractive.
Similiary air lines would pay duty on fuel.
Investment in manufacturing and renewable energys to make us less reliant on the rest of the world.
Petrol rationing would be fazed in. Using already established hardware such as chip and pin drivers would have an account credited with say 250 gallons a year (45 to the gallon gives 11250 miles a year) . The account would be debited at a transation. Initially if you needed more over the 250 gallons or had forgotton your card additional fuel would be charged at a higher duty, say an extra 10-15p per litre.Intention here is to reduce pollution and congestion by reducing the amount of driving. Company vehicals would have a higher allowance but only if they were signwritten vans. Reps are little more than gloryfied fax machines so don't need more fuel.
This system has another advantage in that it could also be used for other things like sugar, fat, and alcohol.
Savings here are clear, less congestion and fewer pressures on services.
To top it up the railways and buses would be nationalized with reduced fares.
Banks would be heavily regulated to try to stop this boom and bust mentallity.
Prisions would become harsher and inmates made to work for their keep, sorting rubbish is an unpleasent task that springs to mind.% solid days of this and another 2 each week allowed for rehabilitation.
Life sentances to be scrapped and replaced with jail terms of 100+ years and the notion of punishment fitting the crime replaced with punishments being worse than the crime.
Immigration reduced and illegals removed and all new migrants to sign to the effect that they will be law abyding on penalty of them and their dependants or family being sent back home.
Acknowledgement that asylum seekers are treated poorly .Safe places to be built where they could live and work and be keept safe from "the bad guys" with barbed wire fences minefields and machine gun towers until it was safe to return home.

there's probably loads of things I missed but as it will only ever happen in my head it really doesn't matter.

What about houses in poorer areas for that matter? You could end up with a 3 bedroom house in say Corby or Rochdale having higher rates than a £1 million shoebox flat in Chelsea.

What's wrong with that? 3 bedroom house probably contains a family of 4, the chelsea pad probably has just one inhabitant. So the Rochdale lot produce 4 times the rubbish, are 4 times more likely to call an ambulance/fire/police, will make more use of local leisure services etc etc. Council tax is to fund local services, so you shouldn't really have to put in more than you take out just because of your postcode.
Having said that, I don't like the idea that someone shouldn't be allowed to live in a certain area or own a certain sized house because they can't afford the council tax. If a long lost aunt with a six bedroom house popped her cloggs and I inherited it tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to afford to live in that particular council tax band by myself.

Lib Dems have a policy that suggests they will scrap the council tax and replace it with an income based local tax, based on peoples ability to pay, does seem to make more sense than the current system.

Nice idea with the fuel rationing, maybe people should be allowed to (for a minimal admin charge) buy fuel discount tokens linked directly to their car registration, so that each vehicle is allocated a set amount of discounted fuel per annum. The DVLA could run it, would make them earn their keep.

Not saying it's wrong or right just a response to the martian's worry that prosperous areas would suffer.
It is a contentious area and any measure will probably end up effecting a portion of the population more than another be it poll tax, local income tax or a window tax.
I don't know maybe a tax based on how many cars at a house or maybe we should weigh the bins and pay proportate to how much we throw out (actually I like that one as it takes me a month or more to fill a wheelie bin :) )

Sponsored Links
Back