The UK pays 8bn euros more over seven years
Total budget of 847bn euros over the period
Spending goes below 1% of EU gross national income by 2013
Cut in development aid to new member states
Cuts in rural development payments to older members
Cut in funding for EU bureaucracy
Major review of all spending, including CAP, in 2008

So the Brit taxpayer has paid 847 billion euro's to the EU

Just think how many hospitals your could have built for that.

How come the people of Britain become more miserable and poorer so much 75% want to leave while the rest of Europe lives the high life? Why do British politicians do this to their people and country???

Sponsored Links
Well Freddie, as you are aware you and I have clashed on the EU in the past as I have always been a staunch supporter of our involvement...

HOWEVER..in recent months I have been reviewing this position, and whilst I am still very much pro-european, I am increasingly anti-EU.

The figures you have posted tell the story, we, and other nations, are paying for the massive inefficiencies, corruption, wasted cash and simple over beaurocrasy in the EU....

You have asked why the Politicians here keep doing this to us...sadley the reason is that WE, the British Tax payer, fail to enforce our rights on the Politicians as we did with the Poll Tax..although I do not advocate the rioting that a minority marred the protests with....

Once the public start to take action to force the politicians to head our concerns and do our bidding, then perhaps we may see a change. In the meantime you and I as tax payers will continue to add to the EU coffers against our better judgement and will....

Oh BTW..the 847 Billion Euro's is the total EU budget for the period 2007 - 2013..not just the UK contribution...although ours will likely be about 140 Billion Euro's if our contribution, as a percentage, remains similar to the last budget run...Still way too much for what we get out of it...

Pint of bothered please barman!

bugger building new hospitals.....get the ones we got running properly and infection free :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hear hear.
At the moment it's 'safer' to smoke then to go into hospital :D

WoodYouLike said:
Hear hear.
At the moment it's 'safer' to smoke then to go into hospital :D

How sadly true that statement is in many cases....

It is amazing what is happening to this country...instead of once being the dogs dangly bits, it's now more like a dogs dinner :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil:

It must be a regional thing, as our local hospitals are to very high standards and i have only received the best of service on the occassions i've had to use them.

kendor said:
It must be a regional thing, as our local hospitals are to very high standards and i have only received the best of service on the occassions i've had to use them.

Yeah but your an OAP and they get preferential treatment :LOL:

Big_Spark

good the set/square ....

thanks ....lower .... eh ..

I need more help above

Sponsored Links
Back