Youtube Ads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some videos on Youtube have adverts before the video begins. You can choose to skip the ad after a few seconds.

Do the people who post the videos earn money from these ads? If you skip the ad, does that mean that the poster of the vid doesn't get paid?

Some people put a lot of effort into their videos, but upto now I have always skipped the ad as there's zero chance that I want the tat that they're hawking. Wouldn't want to think the posters are losing out though, so may let some ads run if it makes a difference. Just not sure how it works.

Sponsored Links
i've always wondered that.... i always 'skip ad'...

but what about those ads on apps like word with friends.. they either put a tiny cancel button, or a big cancel button next to the main link, then move them.... so to catch you out.. or the ones that play a 30 sec video without a way out.... disgracefull!!!

And then those on msn where you try to click on hotmail and the screen expands and you click on the wrong thing... that's tantamount to hijacking !!

Slightly off-topic, I suppose, but it really annoys me when you pay good money for a DVD only to find that there can be several minutes of adverts/previews before the feature you have paid for and, worse still, it won't let you skip them.

Are these people really trying to persuade people to buy pirated films?

Sponsored Links
i get that if you follow a link, but if you decline, do they still pay you?

Yep. It's all about potential.............hang on, why am I saying this to you Martian, you know all this. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Mr Bean, i outed myself as 'martian' weeks ago. I'm now the least antagonistic person on DIYnot. I apologise completely for the (alcohol based) persona that was, please judge me on how i act now...
Still not fully understanding this money making thing... with clicking the cross !

Mr Bean, i outed myself as 'martian' weeks ago. I'm now the least antagonistic person on DIYnot. I apologise completely for the (alcohol based) persona that was, please judge me on how i act now...
Still not fully understanding this money making thing... with clicking the cross !

Always liked you Martian.:D :cool:

Always liked you Martian.:D :cool:

I'm a nice guy, that's why... just used to combine a bottle of wine and the keyboard... don't go there these days !

Sorry to interrupt guys. ;) ;)

Does anyone on here post videos on Youtube? I still can't make out if the video posters get paid for the ads that appear before their videos, or if skipping it costs them their dosh.

Mr Bean, i outed myself as 'martian' weeks ago.

You did?? You are?? Well stripe me, I'd never have guessed that.

I'm now the least antagonistic person on DIYnot.

I reckon I could still wind you up easy enough, going off topic on one of your threads used to do the trick every time. :LOL: :LOL: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back