Yuck!

S

Shutpa

Some years ago I led a party of 40 schoolchildren on a weeks trip (holiday) to Paris. The hotel was newly built and the bedrooms were simply superb. The food too was fantastic and in the evenings the kids would phone their parents to tell them how good the trip was and just how well they were being fed. Burgers, meatballs, sausages, mince and even steaks - they loved the lot. Until, that is, at dinner on the second last day, when one of the boys asked me what kind of meat it was. "It's just great sir" he said. "Ask the owner" I replied. He did. And when the owner replied in a rather loud voice, " The meatballs , the sausages , the burgers, the mince and the steaks were all horsemeat" there was a chorus of "Yucks" and every single kid stopped eating. Two girls burst into tears and a few of the others pretended that they were going to be sick. For the remaining 2 days it was Macdonalds. So there you go guys, a suggestion for tomorrow nights dinner - horseburger and chips!

Sponsored Links
hopefully you all sat down and debated the the eating of horse meat and all other animals products that aren't a natural choice for us Brit's, maybe some of your pupils wouldn't eat pork or only eat it on Fridays? or have to kill goat in a particularly unpleasent way, so many different cultures here now that eating horse meat seems fairly tame but the worst of all our eating habits must be Macdonalds :eek:

the worst of all our eating habits must be Macdonalds :eek:

No, I didn't debate the issue. I simply asked the children to put their hands up if, prior to finding out the the meat was horsemeat, they had in fact enjoyed it, (100% Yes!). It was of course the knowledge that they had consumed the flesh of an animal normally regarded as a pet in our area.

I agree with your comments about Macdonalds, but you try telling the kids that. My own kids eat healthily, but if when in town, I offered them the chance to eat at Macdonalds, they would jump at it. When we do go there, or to BK's or KFC's, about twice a year, the kids see it as a real treat.

MacDonald's have a Michelin Star chef.

Everything tastes like rubber.

Sponsored Links
Its 100% beef Patty, just wonder what Patty thought about that?
same as horses, what about dogmeat, catmeat or even rat meat. they are all acceptable forms of food around the world, so what do we say about our views on this? Are we behind the times in accepting what others eat as their normal diet or are we the ones that should dictate what others should eat, considering our diet isnt exactly a healthy one as statistics go.

I would have thought horse meat was more acceptable than pig meat.

Its 100% beef Patty, just wonder what Patty thought about that?
same as horses, what about dogmeat, catmeat or even rat meat. they are all acceptable forms of food around the world, so what do we say about our views on this? Are we behind the times in accepting what others eat as their normal diet or are we the ones that should dictate what others should eat, considering our diet isnt exactly a healthy one as statistics go.

You're so right tim west. Even guinea pigs get, or become the chop in South America!

You're so right tim west. Even guinea pigs get, or become the chop in South America!
What!!! not those lovely furry little things......... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ok i'll have one with chlli sauce to go.

What!!! not those lovely furry little things......... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ok i'll have one with chlli sauce to go.

:LOL: :LOL:

On the serious side tim, our two guinea pigs died within a week of each other just a short time ago. To please the kids, I've just spent £25 on a small plaque for their grave at the bottom of the garden.

On the serious side tim, our two guinea pigs died within a week of each other just a short time ago. To please the kids, I've just spent £25 on a small plaque for their grave at the bottom of the garden.
Talk about making one feel bad, :oops: Ok hold the chilli sauce.

Talk about making one feel bad, :oops: Ok hold the chilli sauce.

Don't feel bad! Since I had to do all of the looking after and the cleaning out, I miss the £25 more.

Don't feel bad! Since I had to do all of the looking after and the cleaning out, I miss the £25 more.
sure you didnt just eat them and bought the plaque to cover it up? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back