Zanussi Chest Freezer Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all and Happy New Year. I have a Zanussi Electrolux chest freezer ZCF 77C it is kept in an out building attatched to the house. During the xmas break some black bags and cardboard boxes were left in there. The bags must have fallen over and blocked the vent cover. How long it had been like it I dont no but when I went to it the red warning light was on and something was sparking from inside the vent. I turned it off as I could smell burning and left it for about half an hour. When I turned it on the red light had gone off and the green light and superfreeze yellow light were on. I left it on superfreeze because when I tried to turn it off superfreeze everything went off. Now I cannot use it unless it stays switched on superfreeze. Something has obviously blown but what and can it be fixed???..hope you can help....... :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back