Chest freezer query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Scandiluxe CF 1066 chest freezer. I can't find the manual for it or find one online.

It has three square indicator lamps in the bottom right corner at the front, as follows:

Red = Alarm
Green = Control
Orange = Quick Freeze

The Quick Freeze lamp also acts as a button and the freezer sounds like it's doing something when that button is pressed (and of course it lights up).

However, my wife seems to think that the Green 'Control' lamp is on all the time, yet I'm sure that I've seen it unlit from time to time.

Should Control be on all the time?

What does it do?

Is it only on when the thermostat kicks in and the freezer is cooling down some more?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
red to warm
green working on thermostat
orange working continuously [used for short times when you put lots off stuff in to freeze]

you wont normaly use fast freeze unless you fill say 20% of the freezer then you leave it on for about an hour then turn it off

normal use green light only

Thanks, in that case the bulb/lamp for Green has blown as the freezer has power and is working just fine.

Now how on earth do I remove the front panel ............

Sponsored Links
Why bother? Its ancient. Those things are as reliable as bricks. You dont need a light. If you're concerned buy a thermometer and put it in the freezer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back