zanussi dishwasher no water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
no water seems to be making it through when i start it up, water feed not blocked, COULD be the inlet valve im told, just wondered if it WILL be lol, any offers? CHEERS BOONER

Sponsored Links
just to say, it makes all the right noises for 20 seconds say, then just a dull knocking noise then nothing

COULD be the inlet valve im told, just wondered if it WILL be lol...

Could well be the water inlet valve. The solenoid coils can fail open circuit. You will have to test it though lol. With the coil unplugged, a quick continuity check with a meter will tell you if it's dead.

CHEERS FOR THE REPLY, ive took a chance and ordered a new valve, got it for 11 quid, if it aint that then plan b and ive a spare valve lol

Sponsored Links
it wasnt the solenoid water valve, so i have a spare now o_O, anybody got any other ideas before i dump it :)

Have you checked it is def pumping out at the start of any cycle and checked for any blockage in the drain pump propellor. Or could be a faulty/jamming drain pump. Put a jug of water in the tub and start it, after 20 secs or so open the door, water???
Also need to check that the water inlet feed (from the inlet valve to the tub) is not blocked.

Really need a photo of the side with panel removed to see the arrangenent.

Of course you also really need to check there is 240v at the inlet valve.

Have you checked it is def pumping out at the start of any cycle and checked for any blockage in the drain pump propellor. Or could be a faulty/jamming drain pump. Put a jug of water in the tub and start it, after 20 secs or so open the door, water???
Also need to check that the water inlet feed (from the inlet valve to the tub) is not blocked.

Really need a photo of the side with panel removed to see the arrangenent.

Of course you also really need to check there is 240v at the inlet valve.

This,

First thing to do is see it it's actually getting a supply.

thanks for the advice, im gonna be busy til tuesday now, will defo look into it further, sat in yesterday from 9 til 5 waiting for local appliance handy man to arrive, waste of space he is, im determined to crack this myself, will get back to you tuesday cheers again

Hi fender, poured water in and it's pumped out fine, took side panel off, well mostly off, it's moulded to the base in one corner, all I see is the water pipe that feeds into the washer, switched it on and can't see water travelling up the pipe, all other workings are accessible from underneath only it seems?

20160127_092824.jpg

ok, but that side looks like a blank canvass to my untrained eye lol

il take a couple more, as i say, the sides seem moulded to the front "plinth" of machine,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back