Zanussi electrolux making noise when spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi electrolux washing machine thats about 3 years old. Its started making a grainy noise when spinning ( noisier the bigger the load). Is this the bearings going? It doesn't make this noise when its washing. Is this repairable? Any advise would be great. Thanks

Sponsored Links
from your description it would seem your diagnosis is spot on
change the bearings now with a new seal, then you be back on track

but 1st just check the belt isn't rubbing or something amiss there

That was a spot of luck. I'll check the belt!! If thats ok are the bearings cheap and simple job to do my self. I'm a spark anyway so i got some kinda skill :LOL:
Thanks forthe advise cakeman

buy a bearings & seal kit - under £25 easily

liberal amount of sealant on drum seal when fiting
check the spider isn't skuffed - if you earlier as you described you'll be ok there :cool:

take photos of everything before you touch or remove - can take time but 10% of the time if you get it wrong ;)

slowly but surely is where my successes are ;)

if you a sparky then i not in your league - mornings work for you i'd guess :p
one thing i found very helpful :idea:
cling film new seal & bearings individually & tightly
freeze for 24 hours :eek:
then when you fit them on heat the spider , drive them on with the old bearings as the shield and they'll tap on easy

good luck

Sponsored Links
I may be a spark but that all sounds very confusing. Whats the spider? I'll take it apart tomorrow i think and sus it out.

The spider is not available by itself fot some Zanussi models & you have to buy the complete inner drum assy. which makes it an uneconomical repair. Ensure you can get the spider before you waste your time stripping the machine.

Before condeming a machine with a rumble as being drum bearings (most likely though) take the belt off and try rotating the drum seperately and the motor as well (bearings can go in either)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back