zanussi FL 811 spin problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,i have the zanussi fl 811,have had it a long time ,only had to replace the pump,but recently the spin starts ok but wont go in to high spin,so the washing is still quite wet when spin is completed,any suggestions very welcome,tnx in advance,tom

Sponsored Links
Your machine uses an induction motor with a starter capacitor. It is possible that this capacitor is faulty It is a cylindrical component with the capacitance marked in uF or Microfarads. If you renew it you must get one with the same microfarad value

hi fido,tnx for the qiuck reply,where would this capacitor be locaded,cheers,tom

I think its bolted to metal crossmember at top of machine under lid

Sponsored Links
don't get it confused with the mains filter. from memory i think it's value is 12.5 microfards. it should only have two wires attached to it. make sure that you discharge it before touching it cos you might get a nasty shock.
anyway if it is faulty you'll usually notice that the drum rocks from side to side when full rather that turning a complete revolution. so if it is turining o.k. when full of water and clothes it's probably o.k.
do what ever it takes to keep this machine going because it's the best one you'll ever own.

hi guys,tnx for all the replies,i think i will tackle it this week,and i agree it must be the best machine ever made,i have had mine 20 years,cheers guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back