Zanussi Fridge Freezer - Worth repairing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The fridge freezer ran very noisily for the last 24 hours and has now stopped working completely. Bearing in mind that I can buy a new basic replacement for around £250 is it going to be worth the cost of repairing the old one. Its about 8 years old and has been first class so far but I'm concerned about the possible cost of replacement parts and labour. Any opinions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It sounds like the your compressor is history. A new one will probably cost you somewhere between £140 - £160, with fitting etc on top of that. On an old fridge it probably wouldn't be economical. I suppose you could always ask around for a free quote to make sure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It sounds like the your compressor is history. A new one will probably cost you somewhere between £140 - £160, with fitting etc on top of that. On an old fridge it probably wouldn't be economical. I suppose you could always ask around for a free quote to make sure.

Thanks for that. I got two quotes but both were for over £200 so went ahead and ordered a new one last night - hopefully it will arrive today!

Sponsored Links