Zanussi fridgefreezer drip tray overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a Zanussi DF 45/30 SS fridge freezer that is about 22 years old, but in good working order. The problem is, at the back above the compressor is a plastic container that is supposed to evaporate any water that collects on top of it. However, this container just keeps filling up and eventually overflows and floods the kitchen floor. I have just replaced the plastic container with a new one as the old one had a hole in it and I thought that was where the water was coming from. The new one overflows so I'm baffled. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think the problem is solved as I found a switch inside the fridge next to the thermostat that was 'on' when it should only have been switched 'on' if the temperature was below 16 degrees C in the kitchen. Also I don't think the thermostat was set high enough. Fingers crossed it is sorted!

Hi. I have a Zanussi DF 45/30 SS fridge freezer that is about 22 years old, but in good working order. The problem is, at the back above the compressor is a plastic container that is supposed to evaporate any water that collects on top of it. However, this container just keeps filling up and eventually overflows and floods the kitchen floor. I have just replaced the plastic container with a new one as the old one had a hole in it and I thought that was where the water was coming from. The new one overflows so I'm baffled. Any help would be appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back