Zanussi hob very hot after testing!

Sponsored Links
...have I wired this correctly?

It does appear to be correctly wired.

Only comment i would make is

clamp.jpeg

The black sheath of the cable should be clamped by the cable clamp

I have tested one cooking zone. Top left 145mm smaller one. Brought some water to the boil. No heat at all in the cable. But the hob itself is red hot on the steel in that zone. The rest of the steel is cool to touch. But even at the very edge of the zone I used it is untouchable. It's that hot.

Sponsored Links
I have tested one cooking zone. Top left 145mm smaller one. Brought some water to the boil. No heat at all in the cable. But the hob itself is red hot on the steel in that zone. The rest of the steel is cool to touch. But even at the very edge of the zone I used it is untouchable. It's that hot.
As I said at the start, and particularly now that you have confirmed that the connections to the hob are correct, this really can't be due to your house's wiring or the connections. Without being there, we obviously can't judge what we think about how hot it is getting, but if you feel it's getting too hot, that only really leaves a fault (or, unlikely, a design fault) in the hob - so, as I said, I think you need to talk to the manufacturer or seller about this.

Kind Regards, John

I would follow John's advice. As an aside, as this is an ELECTRICIAN's forum. You could also get a further view by posting on the APPLIANCES forum. They tend to be more experienced with the box on the end of our cables.
//www.diynot.com/diy/forums/appliances/
Be sure to tell them the make and model number.

But that's not the reason for the apparent overheating.
I didn't say it was.
But even at the very edge of the zone I used it is untouchable.
It will be hot at the edge of the zone. The heating area has to be over 100°C to heat the water to boiling point so the are around the hob is going to be hot.

Some compact hobs have internal cooling fans fitted to reduce the heat in parts other than the actual heating area of the hobs

If it was an induction hob then the area around the hob can remain just warm while the contents of the pan are boiling, ( the area under the pans will be very hot )

I think their is a language problem and unrealistic expectations.

I have tested one cooking zone. Top left 145mm smaller one. Brought some water to the boil. No heat at all in the cable. But the hob itself is red hot on the steel in that zone. The rest of the steel is cool to touch.

But even at the very edge of the zone I used it is untouchable. It's that hot.
Of course it is. It will be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back